same eqip. different conf..

Current set-up

4 re-mx's on stetsom 7k2d, at 2-ohms 5200 watts 1300 each 147.6db

I think they are under powered, can't run at 1/2 amp goes in protect. Don't want to recone subs are new don't have the money for another amp SO.

new box. three 12's at 6200watts 2075 each will it be louder????????? or will I lose

or

2 subs at 7200 watts 3600 each will it be as loud?????

has any one tried this before???

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

remember guys...... I want to get to 150 so bad.....

I think the current box has some more in her, but not 2+db's .....

I have some braces to hold the glass in, that could be holding back so air and then retuning the port a little higher to the truck..

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

CR Boom, give me the dimensions of your truck and I'll gladly help you with a box that will get you over a 150. With those 4 12's and the amp that you have I think that 153's may even be possible. One thing is that your going to need to tune it a bit higher than you are now. I'd say around 37-38hz to be safe cause it will still sound good for daily and also should do pretty well on the mic. If you wanted a strictly spl setup and the highest numbers possible I'd say go even higher on the tuning, but I'm sure that's not what you want.

Also your going to need some aeroports. I swear by them and in every box that I've build they've been at least 1.5db louder than a slot port of the same size and subs. Off the top of my head I'd say that 8 cubes after displacement with 3 6" aeroports at the stock length will tune the box to 37hz and be 10.59 sqin per cuft and will be very loud on the mic and sound great. Hell, you don't even need to give me your dimensions just make sure that you get 8 cubes after displacement and bracing. Make sure that the box doesn't flex at all and that all 4 woofers are in phase with one another too when you wire it up. That could be a problem for you right now why your not louder than you are. You should pop each speaker with a battery and see if they're in phase. If even one of them is out of phase you could easily lose 3db.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Nightshade, hell yah I will take your help. The box sits on the bed rails, inside a cap, and comes thru the back window... The opening at the window is not as big,

I will measure tonight.

The box now is double layer, with steel braces that are screwed and glassed to the box, and heavy as shit ...

Did you take a look at my build to see, how the box is and what I have to work with.

The port is that big because, I used the port calculator, and because of the of the longer stroke it said to increase port size..

Edited by CR Boom

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

These are max outside dimensions.

looking at the box from the front of vehicle

Max of box

Tall 21"

Top Width 48"

Bottom Width 60"

Depth 48"

Opening of port

Max

Tall 12 on outsides of cab 13.5 in middle..

Top width 38.5

Bottom width 45.0

I only tuned the port, never tuned the middle section and window size "port"

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

I really don't think that you have enough height for the box that I'm thinking of. I really really think that you need aeroports for the box for it to get more out of it and with the height that you have now I don't see any aeros fitting in that box.

Here's what would be best. All four subs kinda the way you have them with the two on the sides down closer to the bottom like they are now and the two in the middle up top like they are. It's just that the box needs to be taller like 20" tall for 6" aeros to work or about 18.5" tall for 4" aeros to work. I don't think that my idea will work with the box that you have now by just putting a new face on it unless maybe you dropped down to 3 subs instead of 4. That could work and if you have dual 2's you could wire each sub in series and then parallel all subs for a 1.33 ohm load.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

They are dual 1's... could go with the 3 each wired in parallel, then go series, should be at 1.5 then the power will be up to 2000+ each

I know about the space that shit was tight to get in there, The more I think about it the box may just suck ass. the two middle subs are tight against the top lid and the bottom of the sub is tight against the port, the two outers are tight against the out sides, it did do 147+ but big f'ing deal. I feel the same as you it should be over 150, 153 would be sweet...

What is your feelings on, do subs need to be equally shrouded???

If you think we can get more out of three with the aero's I'am up to build again..lol... after all that is part of the love....

here is the steps I think is going to happen.

1) Going to build another sealed box to double check the res. FReq of truck...

2) pull this box out and get rid of the internal bracing for the glass windows

3) RE-measure internal space ( make decision to go smaller) I am pretty sure it is at 2.25 cubes each after bracing and displacement.

3.5) the only 45 in the box, is in the bottom, back, wall behind the port, maybe finish the rest in 45,s.

4) RE-TUNE THE PORT

5) Build another with three 12's and aeros all you guys have to do is give me a "it should be louder"

Edited by CR Boom

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

have u clamped and measured ur power output and impedance rise? u can gain from dropping a woofer.. all depends on ur setup

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

have u clamped and measured ur power output and impedance rise? u can gain from dropping a woofer.. all depends on ur setup

I know the stetsom won't run when wired at 1/2 ohm nom.. so I say impediance rise is not very high, I'am going to clamp it soon to see what it really is.

The amp is at 106 volt ac, no clip,

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts