same eqip. different conf..

Nightshade, untill I can sell them. can you help me with a box.

If so I'am looking to use 3 12's that will put me at 1.33ohms.

starting from the passenger side, with the port on the driver side. There are no aero ports here, so I will have to make one, so if you think on big one 8" is better than multiplies, just a standard pvc size that I can heat and flare.

Oldschool, I read your build log after I had my subs ordered.. congrats on your switch and bump up in DB's, sweet for a trunk car..

Yeah I'll definately help you out. I'll work on the design in the morning and pm you the specs that I come up with. Since you have an extremely odd shape for the box you'll have to come up with a cut list for the setup. Yes, to your using pvc and flaring it yourself. I have an 8" flared port that was done the same way as you described. It will work just as well if not better than an aeroport.

For 3 12's I'd say around 6 cubes and a single 8" port would be 8.37sqin of port per cuft. It should work but is a bit small. If you could do a 9" port it would work out to be 10.59sqin per cuft and should be much better. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a 9" piece of pipe though. Keep and eye out and let me know.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Nightshade, untill I can sell them. can you help me with a box.

If so I'am looking to use 3 12's that will put me at 1.33ohms.

starting from the passenger side, with the port on the driver side. There are no aero ports here, so I will have to make one, so if you think on big one 8" is better than multiplies, just a standard pvc size that I can heat and flare.

Oldschool, I read your build log after I had my subs ordered.. congrats on your switch and bump up in DB's, sweet for a trunk car..

thanks are you dead set on an aero port if you wanted to try a slot port i could help out with a design just let me know p.s.i know nothing about aeroports but nightshade sounds like he does.

Edited by oldschool

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

• 2 months later...

Update had some water damage,,, so it finally made my lazy ass tear out my box....

This box did a 147.6 at 2ohm,, and a 148.3 @ 1/2 burp...

Pictures are of the glass braces, and pretty leds to ligt up the inside of the box.

wmm9m0.jpg

nmgcg7.jpg

33jjs61.jpg

Out with the old, no lights and wires,, got rid of the wood braces, it has to help I hope...

Going to add 45's to every corner also,

24obq5t.jpg

a0l56x.jpg

remeasured box, after subs and port 10.16 ft :shok:

and ported @ 30.25 HZ, inside of port 5 X 28.5 @ 17 total length

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's

I use the port calculater on carstereo .com,,

Here is some info from there.

I can only find pvc in 6 meter lengths, mega dam $$$$ when I need under 20 inches.. so I'm going to stay slot with this box..

square inches of port, for four of my woofa's

31hz @ 149 in^2 long 15.2inch

33hz @ 159 in^2

35hz @ 168 in^2

37hz @ 178 in^2 long 3.51inch

But here is the thing, these numbers are way over our normal " per cubic ft req.... :pardon:

Going on a bit of a rant, but I,am going to due some serious testing this next week with a one woofer box,

with different

cubic feet,

port volumes,

port freq's

Hopefully this will help some one out, so there head isn't spinning like mine...

2007 Great Wall So Cool

4-12' RE audio MX's

Stetsom 7k2D

6-Batts

3-Mechman 250 amp Rhino's