Sonic Electronix

need some advice, still not satisfied

Ok so i have tried a few things I tried porting my small boxes in my truck and this didnt work too good most likely because I dont think the ports were tuned right. Then i got a bigger better amp and its a little louder. I am real limited with space now but Im thinking of adding one more 12 to my setup. Currently I have 3 jl w3v2s sealed in 1 cuft per chamber. jl specs are 1-2 cuft sealed so i have the bare minimum. The amp i have now is the audioque 1200.1 and the subs are wired @ 1.34 ohms i talked to the guys at audioque and this amp is underrated and at 1.34 ohms it is putting out a little over 1100 watts. At 1 ohm it will do 1400 (the audioque guy said) if i get another 12 i can wire them to 1 ohm and get the most out of the amp but since I am limited with space and will only be able to fit a box with about .9 -1 cu ft what should I do, will it be worth it and will it make a big difference adding that much more cone area? or will i still be disappointed. Right now it bumps pretty good it gets louder and lower than all of my friends that have 2 12s in bigger boxes but i just want it to pound a bit harder. The closest I have heard to mine was my friend with a Jl 1000/1 amp on 2 12'' alpine type rs in a good size sealed box in a hatchback STI it was almost as loud as mine so I feel like i need to get louder,

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Ok so i have tried a few things I tried porting my small boxes in my truck and this didnt work too good most likely because I dont think the ports were tuned right. Then i got a bigger better amp and its a little louder. I am real limited with space now but Im thinking of adding one more 12 to my setup. Currently I have 3 jl w3v2s sealed in 1 cuft per chamber. jl specs are 1-2 cuft sealed so i have the bare minimum. The amp i have now is the audioque 1200.1 and the subs are wired @ 1.34 ohms i talked to the guys at audioque and this amp is underrated and at 1.34 ohms it is putting out a little over 1100 watts. At 1 ohm it will do 1400 (the audioque guy said) if i get another 12 i can wire them to 1 ohm and get the most out of the amp but since I am limited with space and will only be able to fit a box with about .9 -1 cu ft what should I do, will it be worth it and will it make a big difference adding that much more cone area? or will i still be disappointed. Right now it bumps pretty good it gets louder and lower than all of my friends that have 2 12s in bigger boxes but i just want it to pound a bit harder. The closest I have heard to mine was my friend with a Jl 1000/1 amp on 2 12'' alpine type rs in a good size sealed box in a hatchback STI it was almost as loud as mine so I feel like i need to get louder,

Also let me know if any of you guys are from the new england area or know anyone close by me that might be willing to meetup and evaluate (make fun of my setup) and give me some tips on how to make it better. If you know anyone i could contact let me know thanks

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I think buying another sub just to put them in even smaller boxes would be a waist of money and leave you even more frustrated. Sounds like you have reached a point that all bassheads hit. Comfort vs. space. The only thing that would really justify more cone area is a bigger and probably ported box. So if you wanna get louder you're prolly gonna have to give up some space.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Well Personally If Your Putting Out 3.0 Cu Ft Right Now Why Not Do 2 Jl's Wired At 1 Ohm (Only If There Dual 4's )

In a 4 Cu Ft Enclosure Slot Ported ?

Remember One Thing Though ....... Port Size Really Does MATTER !

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X Memphis 16-MCD1000 With Maxxsonics MLX-100

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

Pioneer Premier TS-C720PRS In Door's

Kenwood KFC-6982ie In Rear Deck

All Memphis Wire/Rca's and misc.

tooshort.png

724920892.png

Well Personally If Your Putting Out 3.0 Cu Ft Right Now Why Not Do 2 Jl's Wired At 1 Ohm (Only If There Dual 4's )

In a 4 Cu Ft Enclosure Slot Ported ?

Remember One Thing Though ....... Port Size Really Does MATTER !

there dual 2s and these subs arent monster subs they are only supposed to be getting 300 watts a piece and if anything i am overpowering them as it is now. Also all the subs are in different boxes and i wouldnt be changing the other 3 i would just be adding 1 more

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I Was Running A Little While Ago 3 JL 10W3 V2 Dual 6 Ohms Wired To 1 ohm on A Memphis ST16-1000D (That Amp Is 1100 Watts RMS @12.5 Volts)

And i Slammed Those Subs For Over A Year Before I Went To 2-5 Different Setup's

BTW These RMS Rating By JL Have Not Changed Even Though These Are V3's

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=25

Edited by Tooshort064

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

tooshort.png

724920892.png

I Was Running A Little While Ago 3 JL 10W3 V2 Dual 6 Ohms Wired To 1 ohm on A Memphis ST16-1000D (That Amp Is 1100 Watts RMS @12.5 Volts)

And i Slammed Those Subs For Over A Year Before I Went To 2-5 Different Setup's

BTW These RMS Rating By JL Have Not Changed Even Though These Are V3's

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_subs.php?series_id=25

yea thats about the same power going to mine now and the same power that would be going to all 4 if i got another one. I mean im just asking cuz im the one that lacks experience but nobody thinks adding another sub at around the same power give or take 25 watts would make a pretty big difference in how loud it is?

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

how about posting Some Pics Of curent setup Though That Would More than likely HELP US... HELP YOU OUT!

95 Civic Coupe

Pioneer AVH-P7600DVD

Kinetik HC-1200 In Front

Kinetik HC-2000 In Rear

Memphis 16-MCA3004

2 X DC LVL 4 XL 12's

tooshort.png

724920892.png

yea thats about the same power going to mine now and the same power that would be going to all 4 if i got another one. I mean im just asking cuz im the one that lacks experience but nobody thinks adding another sub at around the same power give or take 25 watts would make a pretty big difference in how loud it is?

those rating are different tho I have the books that came with my subs and i downloaded the one for the w3v2s from the jl website they are only rated 300 rms each the w3v3 can take more power than the w3v2 older models.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

how about posting Some Pics Of curent setup Though That Would More than likely HELP US... HELP YOU OUT!

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3335727

theres a few pics on there taken before i got the audioque amp but nothing has changed accept the amp since then

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3