Sonic Electronix

yeah you have to prove your worth and compete regularly and win to catch a manufacturers eye at a chance for a sponsorship either a really nice car or a really loud system or both.

TEAM GROUNDPOUNDERS INC.

156.5 OUT THE TRUNK OF A 95 CADDY

W/1 SUB & 2AMPs

score done on a termlab mic in the kick

on the dash sealed was 154

groundpounders-sig-1.jpg

I'm not sure if ANYBODY gets a free ride now-a-days?

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

Everything I am going to type out right now is my honest perspective as the owner of a 12 volt related company.

I know you have not asked me for a sponsorship but I will address this conversation towards you as if you had. Please take no offence at my blunt tone.

You have to remember, that sponsorship is a business agreement.

As the owner of a company, that is spending money on YOU, or at least takign a hit on some product, I have to know what I am getting out of the deal.

Remeber, If I have an advertising budget.

If I sponsor you, I might lose out on $750 worth of material.

The number 1 thing I have to consider when spending ad money is this:

Where is the best place for me to invest $750? Where will I get the most return on inventory (ROI) for my advertising dollar.

So, I could put up a magazine ad.

I could throw up some banner ads on a few websites

or, I could sponsor someone and hope it comes back to me.

So, now comes the point of ROI - We already have some magazine ads

If I am happy with the Banner ads I have out there then I have to be feeling like a nice guy and decide to sponsor someon.

But who?

I get between 1-3 requests every day for people looking for a free ride, promising to put a sticker on their car in exchange for free product.

Sure, it would be cool if I were the nice guy and sponsored veryone that asked, but really, at some point, I need to get something out of the deal too.

Decals at SPL shows are not enough for any type of consideration. Hell, kids put stickers on their cars for stuff they don't even have IN their cars.

I have never received a phone call from anyone saying that they wanted to buy my product because they saw a decal on some guys car at a show.

So out of all the guys that ask me for a sponsorship I have to figure out who deserves it.

Yup.. You have to seserve it.

Just becuase you are a kid with a lot of high end gear does not qualify you in my book. You have to be willing to promote my company to the extent that proves you are a worth sponsee. That they money I invest in to your system some how comes back to me.

So if I have 3 people that are looking for a sponsorship,

One is 17 and is trying to save money to go to college and promises that he will tell all his friends aobut Second Skin

Another is a 22 year old guy that has 2 years of SPL experience and hits 3 car shows per year

The last is a member of 20 car audio forums that has a youtube account that gets tons of hits. Drives a car that hits 40 car shows per year and has a 7 year history of taking home trophies with 10 existing sponsorships with companies that I know the owners of.

Who do you think is going to get the free ride?

Again, you have to deserve it.

Not everyone has to have a 10 year history in the lanes, but the difference between one guy withat is going to put stickers on his car, and another that will write up 20 build logs on 20 forums and make 5 before and after videos is quite large.

At the end of the day, I have to see a value in the money I spend on you, and it is up to you to prove to me that you are valuable to my company.

So, when you go send out your emails.

Be prepared.

Have a resume ready that outlines everything I will want to hear

A histroy of your 12v competition or industry experience

Include other comapnies that are sponsoring you

Include pics of your car

Give a time line for when you will have the car done, and pics presented to the company as proof

Know what products of MINE you want. Don't tell me that Dynamat turned you down so now you are looking for my DynOmat - I don't sell Dynamat and you should know that!

And lastly, do your best to tell me how you are going to make me look good and bring me customers that no one else is able to bring me.

That is how you get sponsored..

ANT

Well said ANT

yes very well said.

this hobby isn't for shallow pockets

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Location is a big part of it too. There is no chance in hell I will ever get a sponsorship no matter how vast my knowledge of car audio or how great my build skills are. There's just not enough shows or popularity where I live. You'd have to live in florida, cali, the carolinas or to the east of chicago to even have a chance, really. Unless you like to travel a lot, and then you gotta think is it worth the money you save on equipment to drive all over the place just to maintain sponsorship. Its just not as much of a money saver as you think, its just nice to have.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Yes Ant that is how it is ;) I spoke to a few companies and they were willing to do some DEALS with me, very good deals but I even told them that I don't have everything 100% in my car so it would be a little bit before I was ready to get out to some competitions and advertise. I told them that they may not see any worthwhile return at this point in time. I would hate to see a company lose money on me! lol