Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Meade!! I have a BTL enclosure Q


romance

Recommended Posts

Posted

I need some enclosure building help. I know how to tune and calculate everything. but im just wondering how i can build the enclosure to handle a BTl 18' with around 3000 watts rms from a rockford fosgate 4000.1.

And just so u know, im not just copying Steve's sub to amp match.

I want this sub to be my daily (with the daily option) sub, but also im going to compete in my area the odd time, so i would like to know.

What things make an enclosure Better than another? What bracing tecniques make your boxes (steve) better than everyone elses?

any ppointers would be appreciated:) thanks in advance.

Posted

lol bro there are plenty of other people that can build a good box on this site i understand your new to the site and welcome to smd but if you are running an 18 btl and a t4k you are running what steve is and their isnt anything wrong with running something someone else has you just gotta make it better

Roseville, CA

Posted
lol bro there are plenty of other people that can build a good box on this site i understand your new to the site and welcome to smd but if you are running an 18 btl and a t4k you are running what steve is and their isnt anything wrong with running something someone else has you just gotta make it better

X2 + fiberglass out the ass

edit: and when you do glass it, cover everything with several layers... I didn't put much thought into it when I did mine but its simple logic that when you make the weakest link stronger something else must take its place so instead of you splitting your box 3 times like me... lol just do it right the first time.

Posted

I would think about using birch if I were you

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11185 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...