no voltage increase from 3

This is what you will pretty much see from doing the big 3.

Your stock alt might be fuked. Start your car and disconnect your battery and see what your alt is charging at. because form your voltage being as low as it is, it seems like you my have damaged your alternator.

his voltage is at 13.8. how on earth is that so low that his alt is damaged? its fine dude. he just wanted to see an increase on his dash and he didnt get it.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

his voltage is at 13.8. how on earth is that so low that his alt is damaged? its fine dude. he just wanted to see an increase on his dash and he didnt get it.

When your alt should be putting out 14.4, 13.8 is low. Charging like that usually indicates signs of damage. Trust me, I have damaged more alts then I care to say. And the first indicator is low charging output.

yeah. most newer cars and some older are lucky to touch 14 volts and higher with STOCK alternators

When your alt should be putting out 14.4, 13.8 is low. Charging like that usually indicates signs of damage. Trust me, I have damaged more alts then I care to say. And the first indicator is low charging output.

wrong.

This is what you will pretty much see from doing the big 3.

Your stock alt might be fuked. Start your car and disconnect your battery and see what your alt is charging at. because form your voltage being as low as it is, it seems like you my have damaged your alternator.

Edit: I missed the part where you said you got it tested. But I'm sure you should be seeing 14.4v. I mean because your car is new doesn't mean you should be charging that low. you charge that high to assure that you give your battery a proper charge.

actually most newer cars, charge at 13.8 volts and lower to extend the life of batteries. CHURCH

its common for cars to regulate at 13.8v

until i dropped in a Ford 4g alt my jap alt never made it above 13.8 (now i'm at 14.7)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

actually most newer cars, charge at 13.8 volts and lower to extend the life of batteries. CHURCH

Dose that make any sense in a caraudio aspect. Here let me right the makers of the mla modules to tell them to stop producing their product because it is lowering the life of their customers batteries.

Archived