Sonic Electronix

Okay so I just got this Fusion pp-am300010 and took out my Soundstream Picasso PCX1000d and the capacitor I had. Before installing the Fusion, it would hit hard and stay like it. Ever since changing to the Fusion, At low volume levels (under 25), the beat hits good and constant. Once I get past about 26 and up, the beat will hit hard for about 5 seconds then go "flat" as in not hit hard anymore". What could be causing this? Is it extreme voltage drop? Clipping? Should I put the capacitor back in? I currently have 4gauge and am going to do the big 3 tomorrow or this weekend in 0/1 and I have a stock battery.

Edited by k3n12ock

it might be the voltage drop. that amp may be more power hungry than your last so it needs more power. the big 3 is always a plus to have too. and i dont think a cap would help much. so try it again once you do the big 3 and see if there is a difference. you can also connect a dmm to your batt and see how low your batt drops too.

Team Bass-Hz

I would guess voltage drop, if it is good till it hits a couple hard notes then sounds muffled and looses volume. Does it hit hard again if you back off the volume for a couple minutes then crank it back up. Can you check with a multimeter to see what the voltage drops to after it has been playing, my guess would be into the 10's if it is as bad as you say. Do this soon or you might loose the amp.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

I would guess voltage drop, if it is good till it hits a couple hard notes then sounds muffled and looses volume. Does it hit hard again if you back off the volume for a couple minutes then crank it back up. Can you check with a multimeter to see what the voltage drops to after it has been playing, my guess would be into the 10's if it is as bad as you say. Do this soon or you might loose the amp.

Yeah it does that. At low volumes its all good. I have a cheap DMM I'll have to check it out.

Question. Should I go ahead and get my 4 10's OR get a new battery? HC1800? Will I be alright if I turn the DB 1/4 of the way and not turn it up so loud or will I still fuck up the amp?

Edited by k3n12ock

In the order that I would try to fix this:

Big 3, 1/0 power wire upgrade

Upgrade stock battery to largest Kinetik that will fit

MLA module if available

secondary battery if problem persists

You will start to see improvements as you go down the list. I would keep an eye on the voltage and as soon as it stays over 13 volts at full tilt you are good to go. Electrical systems is usually the last thing people think to upgrade when adding stereo systems and it should be one of the first. As you increase your voltage you will notice an increase in output from the stereo.

2003 Ford F-150 Reg Cab layin body on 26's

2003 Tahoe 3/5 drop on 26's with a 408cid Supercharged engine.

2011 Camaro 2SS 2005 VW GTI Stage II ECU, CAI, 3" turbo back exhaust, FMIC, lowered 2" on some plastidipped 18's

2003 Hayabusa lowered, stretched, cams, nitrous and custom paint

deff voltage i hear the quality go down as i watch the volt meter drop

03 Ram 1500 3.7 v6 quad cab

H/U: Pioneer 4200UB

Subs: 4 DC LVL 4 15s D1

Sub Amp: 2 Crescendo 3kwp strapped

Highs Amp: Crossfire xp240.2

Highs: Crossfire 2 rs69, 2 rs52

Alt: DC POWER ALT 270XP

Batts: 5 sprinter data safe

Big 3 0ga

New Truck 03 Ram Build Log 6 DC Audio lvl2 15's

My Wrecked 99 Dodge Ram Sport Build Log

02 Ranger X Cab Build

02 Ranger Build 2

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/

My linkhttp://www.crescendoaudio.com

http://www.dcpowerinc.com/

http://www.crossfirecaraudio.com/

Youtube Vids

be carefully you dont fry your amp. try to stay under 25 until you get more power on it. It is definitely volt drop. My system did the same thing until i got my yellow top after i switched amps

98 Jeep Wrangler

33x13.50 super swamper LTB's

Memphis M3 15"

Memphis MCD1000

Optima yellowtop D34/78

Bass Race 129.9

(LBZ Duramax in the future)