Second Skin Audio

1 15" kicker L7 box for cavi

well my max dimensions are 17 H 30 W and 16 D. I want something ported an angle box would work the best caue more space idk. any help?????

1995 Ford Mustang 3.8l V6 5 Speed

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • KCA 1/0 Power Amplifier Installation Kit
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • XS Power 12V D925 AGM Battery
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Box built from birch. Probably tuned to 32 Hz
  • 0 gauge wiring for extra battery
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

“The only mystery in life is why the kamikaze pilots wore helmets”

Al McGuire

remember this always

Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades

why an angled box? All that does is take away from your useable space for the enclosure.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

lol, this thread caught my eye... Building a box next week for a 01 blazer that will house 1 15" kicker and still trying to figure the dimensions I am going to be using...

but the difference between me and you is I have absolutely no space :)

any ideas im trying to use 12volts port lenth calc and I am stuck. When it says port height lets say my box height is 16 inches and the thicness is .75 sat i want it to be as big as possible would it be 14.75 inches because there is .75 wood on top and .75 botom so subtract 1.5 from 16?

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

“I think everyone should go to college and get a degree and then spend six months as a bartender and six months as a cabdriver. Then they would really be educated.”

Al McGuire

Al McGuire

remember this always

so I tolk a stab at it and came up with this, for the dimensions of the box I got 27 W 16 H and 16 D, giving me volume of 3.10265. the port is gonna be 1.5 W 14.75 H and 13.7646 L. Does this sound right?

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Al McGuire

Al McGuire

remember this always

way too small of a box. Keep in mind the port, sub and bracing take up volume too. And that 15 is going to want more than 3 after displacement let alone before. Pretty much your going to need to use your max dim you listed to have enough port area and be able to tune it where you want, and its still only gunna be about 3.2 cubes after displacement, which will work, but its a bit small IMO

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

I have a 15" L7 in my Golf.

IMG_1393.jpg

4cu. ft. ported, tuned to 32hz. 33" x 16.5" x 21"

Trunk space: Non-existent. :pardon:

I have about 2-1/2inches between the box and the rear of the hatch.

1996 Vw Jetta

Crunch 1500watt

1- Kicker 15" L7 @ 1ohm in a 4cu. ft. Ported Enclosure Tuned to 32Hz.

4- 6.5" Menace Door Speakers &

2- Menace super tweeters in the dash

139.11db @ 40hz (6/2010..old amp setup)

This will have every thing you need to know and it explains how to change a straight slot port to an L-shaped slot port.

Follow this link:

http://www.kicker.com/Product_Manuals/93/100

Then click on or download this:

2004 Solo-Baric L7 Technical Manual Version 3.0 (01/01/2004)

That is every piece of info you will need for the L7's

Pages 28,29, and 30 are your the best choices for a 15 and it is real easy to change it to an L-shape design.

Edited by ISO

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

thanks Ima try and modify it to fit my space!

Plans:

• 2 12 inch dc Level 4s
  • DC 2.0k Amp
  • 220 Amp Alt
  • Stinger Volt Gauge
  • Rockford Fosgate RCAs
  • Dynamat

Untitled-1-5.jpg

Al McGuire

Al McGuire

remember this always

way too small of a box. Keep in mind the port, sub and bracing take up volume too. And that 15 is going to want more than 3 after displacement let alone before. Pretty much your going to need to use your max dim you listed to have enough port area and be able to tune it where you want, and its still only gunna be about 3.2 cubes after displacement, which will work, but its a bit small IMO

Yes much too small, my 12" CVX's like just about 2.25 cubic feet per sub.

Edited by CaptainzPlanetz

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.