Sundown Audio

Old Skool Fosgate 1500.1bd cutting out

donellk

Originally I had a 1000watt sony amp on 2 prs! Hated the sony amp it now sits on my desk! Got a 1500.1bd amp for the low low, but it blew my two prs =D! So i got four! But now when i turn it up to far on some songs it will go in to protect mode =( i have a sony head unit, and my 1500.1bd is ran through my mids and highs amp! So im wondering could that be why it goes into protect or is my amp bad =(?

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

XtremeAudioInnovations.com

Facebook.com/xtremeaudio321

4 linked c notched bagged

Fiberglass door panels (5 speakers per door)

i would say to check your grounds first. its really important to have a clean solid connection to the ground. and how are your subs wired? maybe the ohm load is too low for the amp to handle so it goes into protect.

iight ill check out the ground! i didn't install it, i had a shop do it!!! But i don't go to that shop anymore i go to another one and they don't know how the last guys wired it! The new shop is where i bought my 4prs and we have it wired at 2ohm at first i had single voice coils at 4ohms and still the same thing! I blew the original fuse and got a bigger one and it seemed to help a little bit! The guys at the shop say it could be the signal from the head unit! I just don't know! Im changing the head unit soon! Thanks For Your Help

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

with out knowing enough it really sounds like they have it wired at 1 ohm.

Does the amp ever shut off at low to mid volume?

Do you have a digital voltage/ohm meter and can you get to were the speaker wires go into the amp?

If so set the meter to ohms/resistance and connect it to all the speaker wires that are going into the amp.

Make sure everything is turned off when you do this.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Do you have an iPod?

If so hook it up to the amp and use it for awhile before you go buy a new head unit.

Only hook the iPod into the 1500, nothing else and make sure your engine is running so the BD1500 is getting feed with enough power.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

with out knowing enough it really sounds like they have it wired at 1 ohm.

Does the amp ever shut off at low to mid volume?

Do you have a digital voltage/ohm meter and can you get to were the speaker wires go into the amp?

If so set the meter to ohms/resistance and connect it to all the speaker wires that are going into the amp.

Make sure everything is turned off when you do this.

2nicoxc.gif

Thats How There Wired, When They tested it on the voltage And It Said 2ohms I Guess! But I Had Singles Before Duals And They Where At 4ohms And Still The Same Problem! The Head Unit Max At 34 Most Songs Make It Go To Protect At 26 And The Gain Was Set At 28! Some songs I Can Get To 30-31 With Out Going In To Protect! I Watch Them Wiring It All! I Can Get To All The Wires And Setting! I don't Have A Voltage Meter=( Yet At Least! It Never Goes To Protect On Low Or Mid Volume! When The Gain Was Set The Used A Meter And Use The 3sixty Test C.d!

Edit* I Do Have A Ipod But My Head Unit Does Not Have A Connection For It! I Want to Buy A New One Anyway I Want A Touch Screen!

Edit* Could It Be That The Amp Is Not Getting Enough Power When Turned Up So Far? I Have A 2fard Cap But... There Sit Is Strain On The Electrical System! So Should I Upgrade The Alternator? The One Thats In There Is 140amp! Sense A Bigger Fuse Helped A Little Bit Could It Be That I Have 4g Wire And Now A 100amp Fuse?

Edited by donellk

Team Xtreme Amperage

Xtreme Audio Innovations

No you want a cable like this.

IMG_2228.jpg

With this cable you can hook your iPod strait into your BD1500 or if your at a buddies house you can use it with their stereo or your own stereo.

This is a great cable to have.

Whats in the pic is a $20 Monster Cable but don't worry you can go to radio shack and get this same type of cable for $3.50.

Just tell them you want a 3.5 millimeter jack that plugs into your iPod with male RCA plugs on the other end so you can use it with your home stereo.

The cheap ones work just fine. LOL Infact I'm a fool for paying $20 for a $3.50 cable.

Now its sounding like something in your system is not getting enough voltage. Are you able to check your voltage at the battery to see if it gets close to 11 volts?

Does your radio shut off close to the same time the amp shuts down?

Do you have a tach on you car? what happens when you sit in your driveway and keep your RPMs up to 2,000 to 3,000 why you are playing music.

I'm starting to think its the ground too.

can you get us pics of the ground were its attached too?

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

You can actually get that 3.5mm to male RCA cable at a dollar store too.

Mids/Highs: stock Bang & Olufsen

Lows: Image Dynamics IDMax 12v.3

Power: Sony Xplod XM-D9001GTR:Knukonceptz 4 gauge

Box: 1.75 cu/ft Sealed

Past: Pioneer Premier TS-W1207 (2)/ Rockford Fosgate P210/ Image Dynamics ID10V.3/ Infinity Reference 311A/ Audiopipe AP-18001D

2nicoxc.gif

Thats How There Wired, When They tested it on the voltage And It Said 2ohms I Guess! But I Had Singles Before Duals And They Where At 4ohms And Still The Same Problem! The Head Unit Max At 34 Most Songs Make It Go To Protect At 26 And The Gain Was Set At 28! Some songs I Can Get To 30-31 With Out Going In To Protect! I Watch Them Wiring It All! I Can Get To All The Wires And Setting! I don't Have A Voltage Meter=( Yet At Least! It Never Goes To Protect On Low Or Mid Volume! When The Gain Was Set The Used A Meter And Use The 3sixty Test C.d!

Edit* I Do Have A Ipod But My Head Unit Does Not Have A Connection For It! I Want to Buy A New One Anyway I Want A Touch Screen!

Edit* Could It Be That The Amp Is Not Getting Enough Power When Turned Up So Far? I Have A 2fard Cap But... There Sit Is Strain On The Electrical System! (1)So Should I Upgrade The Alternator? The One Thats In There Is 140amp! Sense A Bigger Fuse Helped A Little Bit Could It Be That (2)I Have 4g Wire And Now A 100amp Fuse?

I run these amps.

Look at whats in bold print.

(1) you have a 140 amp Alt. No you do not need a bigger Alt. The current consumption on the BD15001,1500BD,and 1501BD is 90 amps of current playing music and 140 amps of current into test tones.

So your Altenator is perfect but your battery is going to be one of the issues. You really need to replace your starter battery with a battery that is designed for car audio. My recommendation is a Stinger SP1000 and that will help alot and I'll get you a link in a minute.

(2) You are useing a 100 amp fuse and that is really bad. That amp must have a 150 amp fuse. and the BD1500 does not have a built in fuse so the best thing to do is to use a 200 amp fuse at the battery under the hood and a 150 amp fuse as close to the BD1500 as you can get.

You can get away with the 4 gauge running from front of the car to the back but its only good for 125 amps at 10 feet long so I recommend changeing it out for 0/1 gauge or zero gauge and this is a BIG DEAL.

Us car audio guys do what is called the Big 3 and is a highly beneficial technique to help with current flow and I will get that link for you too.

I'm sure I have left some stuff out but I told myself I was going to get off this darn computer acouple of hours ago.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png

OK start here. This is your manual.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/scripts/rig...9MQ**&p_li=

Download or use the save target as function to download this:

File Attachments

• 500_1500bdeng.pdf

Look at page 9 and page 12

I highly recommend this battery and I recommend buying from this company:

http://www.darvex.com/SP1000/Stinger+1000+...ll+Battery.html

I have used this battery in acouple of my personal vehicles and have been incredibly satisfied.

Check this out while I find you more info.

Edited by ISO

Terryswork001.png