Sonic Electronix

Which is better and whats the difference?

I say that 4 BTL's would be happy with one or two DAT 8.1's, and I think that a wall would be your only option to fit 4 18's you would need a minimum of about 20 cubic feet for the BTL's.

alright i have finally got the cubic feet of the air space i want to use in my box creation.the number is 23.62 cubic feet.how many btl 18" speakers can i use with that much space in a ported box configuration.i am gonna pour all the juice to those speakers as they can take..

Where abouts do you live? You need to find a REALLY good shop and tell them exactly what you want, I don't think we will be able to help you very much from online. Except with simple stuff like picking out amps and subs. :) Shops tend to push their own product, which may not always be the best choice for the end user.

Extended cab F-150 non-walled, I'm seeing (2) 18" BTLs ported, MAXIMUM. Rockford or Sundown amps would be my preference if you have the money.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

is this another pipe dream system?

if you want 4 btl 18's you better have about 3-4 grand to spend or else it will sound like shit.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

if you want 4 btl 18's you better have about 3-4 grand to spend or else it will sound like shit.

this wont be a bullshit pipe dream idea as we all have heard of.this truck was my dads' and i got it after he passed away last month.my dad was a bigger kid than i was and he wanted big rims a tight paint job and an even bigger system,so i am using some of his insurance money to build a tribute to his dream.i can live with 2 18's but 3 would be even harder.i wish steve could weigh in on this subject.

You want to copy Meade's system yet you didn't even know what brand of subwoofers he was using? LOL.

yea thats funny

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Be yourself be unique, you don't need to copy others. If you want 4 18s that bad, you will have to do blow throw and put it in the truck bed.

Also no one really gives their designs away like that, they put in their time and effort to figure out what was best for them and their vehicle. An it may not work for you or your vehicle.

777319156.png

I'm thinking more than 3-4 grand. That's gonna be how much he spends on just Amp, Subs, & Maybe Wiring.

Also have to add Batteries, Sound Deadening, HO Alt(s), Additional Wiring, Box being Built (More if he gets some one to build it)

Edited by tech2332

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

I also say be yourself and be unique. Its not neccissarily about the subs but more about the power you put in and the right size box. I bet you could put 6 12's or 4 15's behind the seat in your truck. Go to a local stereo shop and see what they suggest. But in the end its up to you. I would start with buying some 0 gauge wire for power and some Kinetik batteries for juice. Personally I would suggest 6 12's that would handle like 5000 watts between them and get two fosgate 2500bd's. That will slap hard as hell in your cab.

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple