Second Skin Audio

Yet another box built... Each one getting better

So Yesterday me and a friend build another box to hold the 12's and 15's.. it is a dual chamber box with the ports for both chambers firing out the rear at 33hz. never the less here are a few pics of the process.

Before

dougbox48-2-09013.jpg

dougbox48-2-09012.jpg

Progress Pics

dougbox48-2-09008.jpg

dougbox48-2-09006-1.jpg

dougbox48-2-09010.jpg

dougbox48-2-09011.jpg

dougbox48-2-09014.jpg

dougbox48-2-09014.jpg

dougbox48-2-09022.jpg

dougbox48-2-09029.jpg

dougbox48-2-09028.jpg

Putting The Subs back in

dougbox48-2-09030.jpg

dougbox48-2-09037.jpg

Now that is is all finished it sounds really good.. lots of flex for just 1 t10001bd amp pushing these.

I will add another T10001bd later.

The ports on the back are made with 4" PVC there is two 4" Ports per chamber and they are screwed to the box with a 4" Flange that way I can remove the flange and remove the PVC from the flange and put a different port on for a different tune... maybe one for driving and one for getting my SPL :).

There is another Meca comp this month so I am going to get it re-metered with the new box.

I also made a cover for the box that conceals the subs so they are not visible but they can breath. I dont have a picture of that yet, I made it today

Edited by Hotdog

where did you get the pipe flange things i need some???

justin smith

1996 mercury grand marquis

20'' bentchi b7 lexani n3000 245/35/20

cactus 5kw at 1ohm dcr(beast)

2 18'' btl's in a 14.15^ft wall tuned to 35hz with 210'' of port

kicker zx650.4

componets in still the works

200amp motorcraft alt

xs power d3100 (beast)

kenwood ddx512 h.u.

you mean my EX? the one I dumped? just remember every time you kiss her that i used to cum in her mouth

and BTW your girl just called me....

pure pwnage

never seen a box quite like that. hows it sound?

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

where did you get the pipe flange things i need some???

Got them at Menards they are only like $2.79 a peice... I wanted the option of changing the tuning on the fly. I can cut different port lengths for a different tune and all I have to do is remove the screws from the flange and pull it out with the tube and pull one tube off and put the other one on in a matter of a few minutes.

never seen a box quite like that. hows it sound?

Sounds really good.. I think we brain stormed the box for like 3 hours trying to get the perfect dimensions or should I say perfect volume for each sub after Sub and port displacement. It is definitely a lot louder.

I am going to find some gray paint and paint the flange to match the box.

im confused, why would u do that

mix different sizes and different subs

on the same amp too...

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

im confused, why would u do that

mix different sizes and different subs

They are in different Chambers both tuned to 33hz... Different sizes but same brand. The P2 Rockford subs I had first then I got a Great deal on the RFR2215 Punch Pro 15" subs so I figured more cone area is louder (Which it definitely is). It actually sounds really good.. I am going to do a sound quality check at the next competition because I felt that my system sounded a lot cleaner then a lot of the vehicles there. Believe me if it sounded like crap I would be the first to pull them out and just stick with 2 15's but it sounds good. I guess if your are someone that has never tried it then you would be confused as to why I did it but to hear it is another story. Also as I stated I built a cover to go over the top of the whole box so the subs are not visible at all.

the Chambers are with in .005 of perfect volume by manufacture specs after sub and port displacement and took 3 hours to get it figured out.. more math then I have done in a long time. But it paid off this is the best box yet.. I went from 2 10's and 2 12's doing 140.7 on TL at the headrest to this current box and I would think I am close to 144 / 145 right now it hits a lot harder now, will find out at the end of this month.

dougbox48-2-09037.jpg

I Like Your Ports Bro Are They Toilet Flange

I dont know I was at menards to buy 4" PVC for the ports and I was looking at the accessories why I was at it and found them and though that it would work great if I ever wanted to change the tuning of the box on the fly so I got them and it makes a better mount for the ports to the box too.