Hey guys am 16 and am from Vancouver Canada I found Steve on youtube a long time ago but I have been lurking here and now I finally decided to sign up. Unfortunately I don't know jack about car audio as I am more of a performance type of guy but given my age and not having a job (looking for one) I cant afford anything to play around with although I was trying to convince my mom to get this for Christmas (12" KICKER Dual PORTED subwoofer) http://vancouver.en.craigslist.ca/bnc/ele/3486014090.html and is there a thread here that like teaches you everything you need to know and if so can someone please pm it to me. I was looking at meades towers to see how he wired them up but saw nothing just incase my mom tried to suprise me and got it but I doubt it and a couple of friends were pointing me to power supplys... do you guys know anything about that. and if anyone is close to my area BC Canada and has anything lying around that i can experiment on could you contact me

Damian here, livin in the gold bearing foothills just east of Steve. Been a bass head since 1984. Yeah, almost 50 years old and I just cant stay away from this shit! My kids are almost deaf but thats okay lol....

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

hey daily! where you located?

Lol I remember the mini truck dayz, I had a chevy luv dumped 5 1/2", could scrape mcdonalds litter down the street lol. That was when I lived in the east bay, san ramon, now I guess kinda expensive.

hey send me the model of that 15" eclipse, I can see what size box/port works best. Right now I'm running four of the Sundown SA8v.2 D2s. I just took out my custom set of 15s. I might put them back in to see how they sound with my new amp once I install it (Ampire 2kWrms class A/B).

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

@ds1919

my 94 toy p/u was 1in off the ground static (i had 2 of em * ;))

then my friend fr severed ties and myself bagged the second toy, then the real fun began lol

i pretty much broke all kinds of suspension parts in all of my rides

low bass n low rides is my mantra hhahh!!

&

i def would throw the 15s back in your ride hhahh, maybe its just me, but being a former bassist inna reggae band, i godda have that (((( BASS )))) ... i'm only rocking 1 15" on 1600W (true rms) inna 5.5cu 32Hz and for a daily driver it def serves its purpose and gets kids attention on the street lol butt ... this is only the beginning hhahh!!

-keepitboomin

Edited by dailydriver

• 3 weeks later...

New here too, have an 08 pontiac g6,stock except for big 3 aq2200 and a bl15, really dont want to lose the stock radio so ive been thinking of throwing a deck under the seat or in the center console with an ipod input, have a small amp for up front, just need some components. have a yellowtop up front but would really like a couple nicer batteries. need an alternator too, as of now i have 600 dollars into it and its pretty loud, i know its hard to compare cars but it feels every bit as loud as cars that meter in the mid 40s, had to jb weld the rear view to be solid as the internals broke as well as my drivers mirror internal bracket and my ipass for the toll road, listen to mainly electronic music and the other loud stuff i find on here. as to other stuff besides loud bass I have a turbo streetbike, stupid fast and a deathtrap

Hello my names Shaun I live in Ohio. I have heard about the SMD V2 subwoofers coming soon. I need a front row seat for the monster sub.

Im crossing my fingers for a 12" that is under $1000usd.

I do beginner equipment installs for cheap and fun. Mostly people at work and their girlfriends.

I plan on purchasing a DD-1 in the spring with the money I got last year installing.

I just found out that there are SMD rca cables, I must know more!

I think Steve Meade is pushing car audio in the right direction, Im tuned in!

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

There wont be a 12 more than likely

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Hello my names Shaun I live in Ohio. I have heard about the SMD V2 subwoofers coming soon. I need a front row seat for the monster sub.

Im crossing my fingers for a 12" that is under $1000usd.

I do beginner equipment installs for cheap and fun. Mostly people at work and their girlfriends.

I plan on purchasing a DD-1 in the spring with the money I got last year installing.

I just found out that there are SMD rca cables, I must know more!

I think Steve Meade is pushing car audio in the right direction, Im tuned in!

There are so many people wanting that sub in a 12" i've seen on these forums in the last 2 days, it might be worth it for AA to make it happen.

And WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!

XS-power1.jpg

I am going to re- introduce myself, I will be competing in MIDWEST SPL again this year, hope to make it to more shows, I don't have the loudest car at the events, and I have done things my own way to be completely 100% original, If you see me at the shows, say hi, i do not know anyone into this audio stuff in the way I am.

Me and my family

img3634ayi.jpg

Here is the car I enter

20120615154933.jpg

this is what i run in the trunk

20120609162623.jpg

And this car will soon be entering also as soon as its complete

20121221092404.jpg

Hope to meet some new folks into this industry like I am. If you need Wine advise PM me, I have been in the industry for almost 13 years, you name it, i've drank it, usually twice.

Cheers to all, and heres some complimentary strawberries on me!

191ph.jpg

• Like (+1 Rep) 1
XS-power1.jpg