voltage help

how can i measure the voltage of my truck? i drive an expedition, and everything is still stock. i dont know where or how start. please help me out. i wanna run my amp at 14.4v, but i dunno what i have to do to get there.

Corporal, USMC

how can i measure the voltage of my truck? i drive an expedition, and everything is still stock. i dont know where or how start. please help me out. i wanna run my amp at 14.4v, but i dunno what i have to do to get there.

Take a handheld voltmeter and measure the voltage of the battery while the truck is running. Your truck should run around 14.2 Volts if everything is healthy.

Take a handheld voltmeter and measure the voltage of the battery while the truck is running. Your truck should run around 14.2 Volts if everything is healthy.

[/quo

will it stay that way when i turn the speakers? like, how would i prevent voltage drop?

Corporal, USMC

will it stay that way when i turn the speakers? like, how would i prevent voltage drop?

Well it depends whether or not your electrical system can handle it or not.

How much rms you running?

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

i think about 1100 rms. but i plan on upgrading to 6k rms. i know about the wire upgrade, but do i need a new alternator?

Corporal, USMC

i think about 1100 rms. but i plan on upgrading to 6k rms. i know about the wire upgrade, but do i need a new alternator?

Corporal, USMC

oh yah you deff need an alt

and some batteries

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

Archived