Someone go ahead and delete my other topics, maybe this one will let me update my title.

Aight, i got up this morning with intentions of fixing the road splatter behind the rear wheels. Bad chipped paint back there. Well, i got one side done, before i ran out of primer. And well shit, i\'m broke, so i\'ll have to wait to do the other side. But anyways, you guys already know, i am trying to do as much work as a can so when i take it to the paint shop, i can come out as cheap as possible. I spent about 2hours on this, a pro, probably could have done it in 45mins-1hour. Hell, that is ~100 bones taken off of my paint bill. See what i\'m getting at? yea. Pics.

This is the way it looked before.

Image001-3.jpg

Body was in good shape, just the paint was wrecked.

Image002.jpg

Here is the bolts that hold the fender/bed from flexing. The one on the right was sanded, but not rust killed/primed yet. The one on the left hadn't been touched yet.

Image005-1.jpg

Didn't get any pics of it sanded down to metal, but here it is taped up, and primed.

Image007-2.jpg

Edited by bibby

Image008-1.jpg

Image010.jpg

Oh yea. Smooth as a newborn babys ass right here B)

Image011-1.jpg

Image012-1.jpg

Image013-2.jpg

Image014-2.jpg

Here are the bolts. One on the right is done. Sanded, rust killed, and primed. The other is just sanded and rust killed.

Image015-1.jpg

Here are some shots of the finished one that went back in on the primered side.

Image018-1.jpg

Image020-1.jpg

Also, the guy that i bought the truck from stopped by, and said it was looking real sharp. The last time he saw it, it was completely stock. This made me happy. Oh, and the fact that he is going to buy my front and rear bumper for 100 bones is nice too. Now i just got to come up with 50 more to get my chrome smoothie bumper, and new valance! Today was a good day! Except for running out of primer. :(

Edited by bibby

• 5 months later...

Been a long time since i did any updates on the truck, b/c of summer being hot as FUCK!. I am working on it all day today, reinforcing the roll pan from behind, fixing rust, and smoothing the pan some more. Also, i am going to fix the road splatter on the passenger side of the truck too!

Teaser Pics.

09-17-07_1123.jpg

That box is full of glassing materials.

09-17-07_1124.jpg