He is talking about independent shops not dealerships or even folks like me that look in junk yards for parts.

Just a question: How many of you drive cars older than 5 years old?

I don't have a vehicle newer than 7 years old!

Our cars are: 7, 12, 14, 21, & 36 years old. Guess what- all paid for. Guess what, all but the antique get 20+ MPG. Hell, the 14 year old one gets 35-40 mpg!!!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Here's a good read..sorry if its been posted.

http://money.cnn.com/2009/08/19/autos/nada...sion=2009082004

Dealers want end to Cash for Clunkers

National Automobile Dealers Association wants an orderly closure of program and again expresses concerns that funds are running out.

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The National Automobile Dealers Association is urging the federal government to begin shutting down the Cash for Clunkers program immediately.

In a statement released Wednesday evening, NADA said that, given the rapid pace at which deals are being done, it will be difficult to say when the program's funds may run out.

Dealers have complained of problems and delays in getting payments due to them under the program. But Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said earlier Wednesday that all dealers would be reimbursed.

"They're going to get their money," LaHood said during a press conference. "We have the money to provide to them. We have put an enormous number of people on the task of processing the paperwork. There will be no car dealer that won't be reimbursed."

The NADA said, in its statement, that the group had "confirmed elsewhere" that dealers would not get paid if cash ran out.

Still, the dealers' group said that it had held meetings with officials from the Department of Transportation and National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Wednesday morning in order to reiterate concerns about the program.

"As the first order of business, NADA stressed the importance of addressing - as soon as possible - how the program will end, including the possible suspension of the program," the organization said.

NADA further warned that dealers who accept Clunkers deals at this point "face a growing risk that they may not be reimbursed.

The Senate passed a $2 billion extension of the Cash for Clunkers program on Thursday. The program quickly burned through an initial $1 billion in funding after its official kick-off on July 24. So far, about $1.5 billion of claims have been submitted by dealers who have sold a total of about 360,000 cars. To top of page

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

...interesting, though I would like to give the government the benefit of the doubt (I may have said too much haha). When all is said and done, all paperwork filed, all payments dished out and there is still an uproar, then I will be a little skeptical...but until then...

2x 10' Polk Momo MM2104

Alpine MRP-M500

Custom Fiberglass Enclosure

4x Polk db 6.5's

RF 450.4

Pioneer DEH-4000UB

Cash For Clunkers ends Monday...lets see how that will effect Ford who ordered more vehicles made after the surge of new vehicles being bought and places like Nummi (Toyota) here in Cali that has been workin 10-12 hour days since the CFC program started.

Nummi was supposed to close soon (Gm pulled out of there earlier this year) I'm thinking Toyota stayed open just to fill these orders but in the end will soon close its doors...thats another 4500+ jobs in Nor Cali that will be lost.

BTW...My Car ages are 69, 61, 43, 43, 25, 15, 6 and 3. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

The program ended up in the sale of mountains cars. It did exactly what was predicted. How it is a failure is beyond me. Tell my Bro in law who sells cars in Burque how the bonus he was paid for selling so many cars he had to work almost without days off is bad for the country. It can be spun in all directions but the fact is it freaking worked.

^^The only thing you have to question is how many people waited for this to happen who had planned on buying cars anyway. If I would have been in the market for a car months ago, I would have waited. Basically, it may have helped to some degree, but those who used the program would have bought cars either way.

10501650_10203332501847103_1859383749711

Blown

^^The only thing you have to question is how many people waited for this to happen who had planned on buying cars anyway. If I would have been in the market for a car months ago, I would have waited. Basically, it may have helped to some degree, but those who used the program would have bought cars either way.

Not exactly. How do sales jump way up if these people were going to buy cars anyway?

The program ended up in the sale of mountains cars. It did exactly what was predicted. How it is a failure is beyond me. Tell my Bro in law who sells cars in Burque how the bonus he was paid for selling so many cars he had to work almost without days off is bad for the country. It can be spun in all directions but the fact is it freaking worked.

I would say it is not a failure in the sense of it moving product and keeping workers busy and thus employed. HOWEVER the claims made that this would reduce pollution and our dependence on foreign oil etc etc are not gonna happen from such a program as I stated earlier.

It is an interesting idea though. And it moved LOTS of product.

Too many projects, too little time...

it moved LOTS of product.

Thats about all it did..that and crush alot of cars that could've/should've still been on the road.

I know alot of people without cars that would love to get a gass guzzlin 1990's grand torino wagon just to have a ride to work.... http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/dirol.gif

Archived