Sundown Audio

Bass Knob = Less Power?

thehoe92

i suppose it depends on what amp and what function the knob actually controls.... i just got my aq2200d today... and the manual says that the knob controls the "level" whatever that means... and it also has a clipping light on it... sooo.... im wondering just exactly what my knob does...lol... and its kinda weard... the max is on the left and min is on the right so you have to turn it counter clockwise to turn it up...

and i also have a question about the clip light thing... could this be used to get a pretty good idea on where the gains should be? does it pretty much be the same as an oscope except you dont see the waves?

if your knob is backwards like that it is just a manufactures defect. the max bass boost is full clockwise.

if you want a new one that has them labeled properly just contact dj and he will switch your old one with a new one that has the proper labels on it.

and as far as the clip light, it is pretty close to what an o-scope will tell you. the light will be very faint on a soft clip and glowing red on a hard clip.

I can do the exact same score with or without the knob - just compensate a little with a bit more RCA signal (higher sub control level) or amp gain.

The knob is always going to have some sort of resistance and being in line with the signal it will decrease signal level a bit due to that.

and the man has spoken

the aq knobs ARE suppose to be labeled like that

TeamSundown-sig.jpg