greenblaze98 Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 So i'm at work today on my break and decided it's the perfect time to install my alternator(300+ mechman). While taking everything apart the manager from the stereo shop next door to my job comes over. He looks at me shaking his head and says "what are u doing". I say i'm upgrading my alternator to something better. He looks at all my batteries and power wires and says "why do you have all this stuff , that alternator probably puts out 100-150amps max if your lucky. I look at him and say i highly doubt that. do you know what alternator that is. He is completely clueless. Why are you wasting your money. Your not running anything that serious. I said its on the way be patient. So he goes looking through my truck looking at my radio. He says I see you changed your radio but theres one problem you bought the worst radio you can buy an alpine. You bought the worst an cheapest radio you can get best buy gives them things away. You bought it at best buy didnt you. I tell him I dont buy my stereo shit from there and I know for a fact that they dont sell this. He says I cant believe you wasted all your money why didnt you come see me I could have gave you a great deal on some better stuff. I tell him I doubt that cause you guys are marking up $170 kenwoods for $300-$400. His reason is that he is an authorized dealer. Im like that bs. He gets upset now because i didnt consult with the "audio expert" first. He fails to realize that nobody in this autopark buys anything from his shop because there too high. Im amazed at how these local shops dont know much outside of the mainstream audio. This guy is upset cause i didnt go to him a buy a overpriced kenwood( i have nothing against them) or buy some w6's or 7's from them. If its not a kenwood headunit, jl audio , rockford or kicker its garbage. Thats the way everyone there thinks. I went into there showroom one day to look at some 15's and told em what kinda power and sound i wanted. He points out a cvr. I said why do I wanna down grade. Im leaning towards a fi btl or something along that line. The one guys says "why do u wanna put a blt in ya car dude thats a sandwich". I had to act like i didnt here that told him im gonna consider those cvr's and walk out. They talked shit about my buddies havocs saying we dont believe in that no name internet bs. But soon as they heard them there jaws dropped. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif
tehbert0 Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 yeah yeah stuff like that happens to me all the time. once again it just makes me want to open a shop one day http://motorcitydesignsaudio.com
brsteinbach Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 I go to my local shop for fuses and ring terminals only. Good "story" bro and I'm glad you stood up to him. 2 Infinity Reference 1252w 12s 4.2 cubic foot box tuned to 28hz Sub amp: 1 Profile AP1200 Speaker amp: 1 Sony Xplod XM-504z Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X492 4 and 8 Gauge Knu Big III In 1/0 All in my 90 Accord Diamonds are forever, but 9's end that shit fast....
ben29555 Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 I go to my local shop for fuses and ring terminals only. Good "story" bro and I'm glad you stood up to him. i wish i could go to mine for ring terminals they tired to charge me 5 dollars a piece My Build Log loud bass songs
greenblaze98 Posted August 8, 2009 Author Report Posted August 8, 2009 yeah yeah stuff like that happens to me all the time. once again it just makes me want to open a shop one dayA few of the guys I work wit feel the same waybut whats really funny is that this guy works at an audio shop and is supposedly good with electrical but cannot get he driver door speaker to work http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/01nocomment8so.gif
k3n12ock Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 Hell yeah. Every shop around here only thinks "KICKER, JL, or ALPINE" are the best. I'll wait until I get my funky little forevrbumpn's and go show them wsup. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
arnold1992 Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 yup i remember when a swapmeet shop guy said my amp is "cheap no name brand"...but dont worry about what he says since hes next to ur work show him your car again once your finished with it RE se xxx 18d2 (4) Audioque 2200 (2) DC Power 270XP blue 3 C&D fr310 Stinger wiring CDT components
Eric B Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 another one of these threads.. 2007 Chevy HHR LT UNDER CONSTRUCTION 1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals 3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals
matt402 Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 another one of these threads.. lol. DC is coming...
1992Chevy K1500 Posted August 8, 2009 Report Posted August 8, 2009 On your day off of work, whenever that is, you aughta sit in the parking lot and turn up the sound whenever someone is about to go in. Then ruin his business by telling them where to get cheaper, higher quality audio components. My comp setup (Not bad for what it is): HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with: 15.4" widescreen AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor 2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz) Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD 128MB shared video memory Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours) What it does: On a USB 2.0 Wireless card
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.