Gregggg Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 I know Exactly what you mean, the guy at the local shop has heard of DC and doesnt think they are very good, I told him I am gonna be running 2 DC LVL4XL's each off of its own Kicker ZX.1500 putting about 1800rms a piece to them, So then he tried to sell me a pair of 13W7's saying that they will get louder than the DC's, In my mind I was thinking I dont even think the JL's would take 1800 a piece, but like you I just said I will condsider them and left, also I went in there one day to get some ring terminals for a Big 3 upgrade I was doing, then he tried to sell me some of the terminals with the allan screw deal that you screw down to hold the wire in, telling me that I would get a better connection, than if I were to Solder the ends on, once again I just got my terminals and left, that was the instance that made me really question the local shops knowledge about audio when he told me "This screw down ring terminal is a better connection, than soldering it, soldering doesnt make a good connection for big wire". They always do that especially to people new to car audio then they get them to buy stuff they don't need lol 2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6 Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way Component System Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691 Speaker Amp - DD C4b Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz Sub Amp - DD M2A Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it" Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals.... refs: DC_Power_Kyle
CaptainzPlanetz Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 They always do that especially to people new to car audio then they get them to buy stuff they don't need lol Ya and I knew it was BS, since I have been soldering my connections for about a year and a half now, now I go to Home Depot for my ring terminals, wayyyy cheaper I get like 4 for 1.50. Instead of like 2-3 bucks a pop. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
Slapuhho Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 When I went into my local shop with my XL, before they heard it they were like you should of bought Memphis m3's.. I kind of just stood there and looked at him.. I'd much rather take my 2k wattage daily then like 800. Then after sitting in my car they were like damn, you need a memphis 4k for that.. I'm like..no thanks. RF all the way. 4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur. Team gg Team DOA My Videos
Kicker Guy Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 Yea cuz that local shop giving local jobs doesn't have bills to pay right? Thats why they cost more. If the shop is giving you good service and will get your warranty work done for you, trust me they are worth the extra. Besides if the local guys go out of business, who is going to host shows? Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1 Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood. Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2 Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz
DeepsplJeep Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 yea all the shops around me suck except one that is about 35 minutes away from me. Called Radio-Active they sell Memphis Hertz JL and a couple others but they do really nice work 98 Jeep Wrangler 33x13.50 super swamper LTB's Memphis M3 15" Memphis MCD1000 Optima yellowtop D34/78 Bass Race 129.9 (LBZ Duramax in the future)
CHINO11550 Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 Mainstream stuff is what most people buy because thats what they know, if someone who doesnt know about car audio walks into a shop & there is a 15" RF T2 & a 15" Fi BTL which one do you think they are going to pick? H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DACFront stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweetsamp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.28 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'zbox is a 4th order band passbatts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.MLA module 15+voltsAll in a 97 2door Tahoe LT2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ Team Bass Hz
Slapuhho Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 Mainstream stuff is what most people buy because thats what they know, if someone who doesnt know about car audio walks into a shop & there is a 15" RF T2 & a 15" Fi BTL which one do you think they are going to pick?But.....We have SMD.Anyone who doesn't post on forums is doomed to make the more expensive less loud mistake. 4 18's, low power and lots of gay fur. Team gg Team DOA My Videos
CaptainzPlanetz Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 Mainstream stuff is what most people buy because thats what they know, if someone who doesnt know about car audio walks into a shop & there is a 15" RF T2 & a 15" Fi BTL which one do you think they are going to pick? LOL the Audiobahn in the corner because its shiny and has flames on it ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
CHINO11550 Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 Most shop owners are not into car audio so they sell mainstream stuff for the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ H/U Pioneer deh80prs w/ HRT iStreamer Ipod DACFront stage is active, 4 Morel Elate 6.5" & 8 CDT DRT26 tweetsamp running 4mids, Mosconi Audio 300.2amp running 8tit & alum tweets, Mosconi Audio 200.28 12" Ascendant Audio Chaos. amps 2 Digital Designs M4'zbox is a 4th order band passbatts. 1 XS Power D3400 under hood,6 D3100 in back2 XP 370 amp DC Power alts.MLA module 15+voltsAll in a 97 2door Tahoe LT2010 West Coast Reg. 140-149.9 Bass Race Champ Team Bass Hz
keepinitloud Posted August 9, 2009 Report Posted August 9, 2009 my buddy has a stereo shop and if he hasn't heard of a type of amp or sub he won't say anything about cause he just says I cant tell you about cause i have never used it as far as trash talkin about people choice of equipment he's never done that and he's cheaper than the other shops and has competed in db drag and knows what he's doin 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.