New Box Finished! Vids And Pics Are Here!

i have heard my subs in my civic and in a friends 2000 jeep grand cherokee and they were louder in the jeep. all depends on how the tuning of the box copes with the car's tuning.

Ya my box is sealed maybe thats y.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

Ya my box is sealed maybe thats y.

I took several pictures today.. but every single one of them that i took got corrupted somehow and there is nothing to show.. i was pissed.. it took a long ass time to finish it all too... well.. ill erase my memory card and attempt to take pictures of all the finished product. damn that really makes me mad.. ill try to get a little video of it too...

18's in a wall to come....Its not all about the posts....check the member #...

EH, put it in the "FUCK THAT" thread and try try again! Has everything achieved your satisfaction so far?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

EH, put it in the "FUCK THAT" thread and try try again! Has everything achieved your satisfaction so far?

haha... i was really mad when i took nearly 50 pics and all of them were useless.. what a fuckin waste of time.. the car has an excellent set of speakers in it with very clean highs and lows.. i will be taking out the door panels to add my bass blockers tomorrow and will see if they are still the stock speakers or if they are aftermarket ones. I will be getting my Infinity Kappa 10.7t tweeters probably tuesday from crutchfield, so the soundstage after that upgrade will be incredibly clear and loud. I am very very satisfied with how everything turned out. It is quite a bit louder as well.. just have to run my bass knob tomorrow and mount it on the dash somewhere, but other than those two things it is all done.. i love the car. great color. Will post more pics of the car and finished product tomorrow if my memory card doesnt fuck up again... it should be fine now though since i wiped all the pics that were on it.

well... after i installed everything (sorry for the delay of the pictures.. havent got around to taking them yet) I am really really considering doing one more 12" W3V3 sub and build a ported box tuned to 30 hz. The jeep hits the lows a whole lot better than the civic did. I can definitely tell a difference in how the different cars tuning is different. If i can get the funds all in line I will have it probably finished on friday. I plan on running them off my current MTX 7801 amplifier at a 1.33 ohm load. and maybe a little more with impedance rise.. but it should fucking pound like hell.. I am deciding if i should get the box rhino bedlined or not (like the towers steve did for chicken) because i know the guy who owns the rhino bedlining store and he would probably give me an awesome price. The box would end up being 40" wide x 20" deep x 16" tall. I was also wondering.. when you guys build a box i know that you should go ahead and use the Titebond glue, which seems to work the best for boxes, but I was wondering when you brad-nail the box what size nails do you guys use with 3/4" MDF board all-around?

well...i got some more pics of my jeep and the install.. and i decided to do the third JL 12w3v3 sub. ive mostly finished the box. thanks to one of the members on here... j black... here are some pics. give me some feedback on it would ya guys? oh yeah btw. i might put a few boards to brace it a little bit. but i havent decided yet. b/c the subs are only like 14 lbs anyway. let me know if i should or not. opinions/suggestions are welcome.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

well..there are some of the pictures of the car and install...

here are some of the box... ill add the rest tomorrow.. digital camera died...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here are the 45's... :) they came out good.. and i cant wait to hear this box.

Posted Image

Posted Image

hope you guys like.. comments/suggestions will be appreciated.

im diggin it bro, box is lookin great so far. Subs up correct? I redid my box that way, and it sounds muchhh better. Hits harder too, even though I tuned it lower.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

im diggin it bro, box is lookin great so far. Subs up correct? I redid my box that way, and it sounds muchhh better. Hits harder too, even though I tuned it lower.

actually... im going to be doing 2 subs facing backwards in between the ports....and the other sub facing up centered in the middle of the box... this way it will be something different and it will have a great look to it. i will be finishing it up tomorrow. ill post some more pictures.

Archived