Second Skin Audio

8 subs and something blew!

drill batter tap it to the amp out- speaker wires, which ever one doesnt pop, is the blown one

Or depending on how its wires, you will have to go to each one

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i have 8 subwoofers..

and something blew today.. how can i found out which one blew?

Put a multimeter on the ohm setting on each voicecoil. If one goes to Inifnity, it's blown.

Current: Two old school Orion HCCA 12's, No amp currently. Did run DAT Hellfire Prototype.

Old set up: Orion 2NT 15", Logic Soundlabs GSX32D,

press on each sub n see witch one doesnt move?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

play a 60hz test tone at a decent volume and use a strobe light set at 60 hz, it should make them appear to stop moving at a certain position (out, or in, or somewhere in the middle, but it should trick your eye into seeing it not move, kinda like a timing belt light)

theoretically the blown one should be at a different degree phase, or not moving at all(which I assume isnt the case)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

play a 60hz test tone at a decent volume and use a strobe light set at 60 hz, it should make them appear to stop moving at a certain position (out, or in, or somewhere in the middle, but it should trick your eye into seeing it not move, kinda like a timing belt light)

theoretically the blown one should be at a different degree phase, or not moving at all(which I assume isnt the case)

holy shit I want to try that now well not the blown part but that would be sick.

anyways back on topic how do you know something is blown?

because if you knew one of them was blown couldn't you tell which one it is?

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

sometimes you just notice the db decrease...I knew when a single coil of my dvc cvr's blew back in the day because it didnt seem as loud, since the one woofer was now 4ohm instead of 2

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

The strobe light deal would work if he is playing any music at all, I think based on how its wired, he has no sound at all, and Iam thinking he is worried its either the amp, or subs- maybe no bass at all? What I'am guessing

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

after i posted this i was playing around with it..

and definably can tell it wasnt a speaker.

it was the box. the supports inside 3 of them that go to the back wall came loose..

its fixxed now.

Tibs 99 F-150 Build 8 twelves

8 - Re SE 12"s

2 - SunDown Audio Saz-3000d's

1 - vx4004 planet audio amp

big 3 1/0 gauge

MECHMAN 250 amp alt

MySpace