Second Skin Audio

Buildin a new box wed.

How do these look, just shy of 5 cubes after displacement, tuned to 32 Hz, 2x kerfed port.

doublekerfedclarionboxfloorplan.jpg

doublekerfedclarionboxwithtop.jpg

doublekerfedclarionbox.jpg

added a brace for the top piece too.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

^^^^ :rofl::yahoo: sry man, thats the name of THE GAME.

On topic: Going with the last design. Anyone have suggestions on what to use for caulk as far as brand/type (obviously silicone, dont work for a glass company anymore so i cang just gank a tube from work) and ive seen alot of people saying they use titebond 2. Is this something i can just grab at menards or do i gotta go somewhere else for it, and how much more expensive is it? Also, i assume i should resin the kerfs yes? Ive been told just glue or glue with some sawdust will work also, what do you guys say to that?

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

How do these look, just shy of 5 cubes after displacement, tuned to 32 Hz, 2x kerfed port.

added a brace for the top piece too.

looks good, where did u start ur measurement for port length on the first kerf on the outside, i see u included end correction factor but if the line close to the port exit is where ur measurement started the length is 1/2 the distance of the flare longer, so u will just be tuned slightly lower... like 2 inches more length added...

On topic: Going with the last design. Anyone have suggestions on what to use for caulk as far as brand/type (obviously silicone, dont work for a glass company anymore so i cang just gank a tube from work) and ive seen alot of people saying they use titebond 2. Is this something i can just grab at menards or do i gotta go somewhere else for it, and how much more expensive is it? Also, i assume i should resin the kerfs yes? Ive been told just glue or glue with some sawdust will work also, what do you guys say to that?

use titebond 2 WOOD Glue and 2 1/2" coarse drywall screws, or mdf screws if u can find em.... use plenty of it and u dont need to caulk it at all on the inside... if u are using fiberglass resin then that will seal it as well

titebond 2 is at menards/lowes/home depot... so is the Bondo brand fiberglass resin w/coarse mat

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

cool, was thinkin i may resin just the kerfs but youll be here when im buildin, so we can figure it out then

Today was a fail. Spent 112 at menards, way behind schedule and more than i planned on, got started at like 230 PM, planned on finishing by 3 when i woke up this morning. Tablesaw is kinda crappy, ended up using a circular saw, a long level, and some clamps for a fence instead. Kerfs didnt work out, so i changed the design a bit (will use bigger 45s to make up for difference). And didnt get much accomplished, had all the wood cut, kerfs broke, need to cut pieces for port now, thank god i had an extra sheet, looks like ill 2x baffle too!!!) I have pics but im on my buddy's comp right now, so ill get em up later. I work 8-430 tomorrow but that means i got a few hrs to work on it after a boring day of work. Followed by some grillin with friends cuz my family is gone for a week droppin my sis off at costal carolina then spending time with some fam friends who moved to south carolina. But i got work so im stayin home. Plus they need all the room they can get in the hoe for my sisters shit. So im hoppin to have the new box in by firday for the show in algonquin on saturday. Thats the goal.

No it wasnt, just got home from work and changed clothes, time to start buildin, no pics cuz my mom took her camera with to go drop my lil sis off at school. Ill probably snap a few with my cell (sry, its the best ill be able to do.