Rogers 93' chevy lumina build!

for some odd reason i feel like it needs a bump....

More power means you can spin more alternators :spiteful: and do you have any interior shots, for your gloss black question? would love to toss my 2 cents:)

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

Posted Image

Posted Image

the wood look is alright but i think black would look better...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

but what? the car is red with black stock rims... the interior is red the amp is black the subs are greyish with red in the middle... red and black just seems to go well...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

nah... the white walls proble wont stay... too grannyish... besides those are the old firestone tires that were blowing out on people...lol... they gots to go!... i dont really want white... i did my last car in all white...

Posted Image

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

• 2 weeks later...

a lil update here... i took the top end of the motor apart, changed the lifters and pushrods.... slapped it back together and changed the oil and filter agian and it still knocks.... so... at this point i am pulling the engine and getting ready for a motor swap or motor rebuild... i will make my decision after i get the engine on the stand and strip it down and see what the damage really is... i wil go for the cheaper alternative... but id honestly rather rebuild it instead of getting a used motor that will proble need work within a few thousand miles...

anyways im going to go ahead and have the motor swap/rebuild a part of the build... ill get you guys some pics here in the next day or so....

tonight i removed the air intake, battery, washerfluid holder, radiator overflow, radiator and ac radiator(whatever that thing is...) and tomorrow i will start stripping parts off of the engine.. such as the alt,starter, powersteering pump, throttlebody,egr valve, plentium, and all of the other bolt on parts...

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

damn......all those beautiful type r's and no motor to spin the alt.....sucks to hear bro. hope you find the issue soon. Hell with it....502/502. and sorry for not replying to the dash pics. never noticed the post. I think it would look good painted. clean, scuff, and light coats to look pretty. Not sure of a color though. Think black might be too much. Maybe a shade of gray? Just watched the alpine vids again.....loved it bro. Still no amp for mine yet. :vava: killing me not knowing what these are capable of.......

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

sorry to threadjack real quick but 98, do you have a buildlog? too lazy to look.. lol

sorry rogers, back on topic, the build looks impressive. sucks bout engine. my car had same problem so i just parked it and "stole" my dads car. lol. when i first read "4 12s" i thought to myself, wtf? how would that fit but wow.. i guess i learned luminas have pretty big trunks today

current set-up:

headunit: kenwood excelon kdc-x891

mids: front: mb quart reference 6.5s rear: pioneer TSA941 6x9

mid and high amp: performance technique ICBM-773

sub amp: kicker 08zx2500.1

subs: (2) 08s15l7d2

4.25 cubic foot sealed box

big 3 all in hooker 1/0 wiring

Sacrifice your car to the Audio Gods and DBs will come.

Yea when you tear down a motor there's def a lot more than there looks. putting a 3.8 in there would be bad ass get a gtp motor out of a gran prix! supercharged! your car would be a sleeper :). but yea i would try the 3.8 if it would fit. That's just me though.

Thought about doing that at one point...gotta have custom axles made, hack up a '93ish Cutlass harness to run the motor/tranny, etc etc...I read a how-to on a GP forum once...not fun in the older cars,

Also, looks like Roger's car has the Series 1 motor, whereas the blown GTP mill is Series 2...different mounts, harnesses, ECU, and so forth.

Not trying to say you're stupid, but once you seriously look into it (like I did) you go "oh my gawd...fuuuuuuuck that!"

EDIT: where in IL are you? There's two Pick 'n' Pulls in NE IL, one in Wadsworth and another in Summit. The Summit one has "Wild Wednesdays" with half off parts. If I remember right my motor with full accessories on half price day ended up being about $115 with the core fee of $30 (which I never redeemed :censored: old mill still sittin in the shop). Just throwin ideas atcha!

PPS: How big is the trunk opening on that Lumina? I have a '96 Prix (IDR if theyre the same platform or not) and was wondering if they had the same openings...I have a decent size trunk but...I feel like I can't get anything in it!

Too many projects, too little time...

Archived