Small SPL Build For My ZX3 With NUMBERS!!!!!!

There's something that I've been wanting to try for a while and finally did. I dropped a 15 and am going to try a single 15 in my car to see how it works out. I know the gigantic box that I have in the car now is blocking a ton of the pressure from transfering to the front of the vehicle so I've been told that one 15 in a straight burp box should do well. I went with a 3 cube after displacement box with single 8" custom made flared port. The tuning of the box is 46hz and I believe that it will work very well in my car.

First off I plan on trying only a single one of my 2000d's on the woofer at .5 ohms to see what kind of score that I do. If I can manage over a 150 on a burp then I'll go ahead and strap the two at .5 ohms and roll up the volume to see what kind of a score a single 15 can do off 2 2000's at .25 ohms each. If this works the way that I've been told then it should be louder than my 2 15's that I have now. Since this box is strictly for burps it should be much louder than my daily box that is in the car right now. Also it is a better size box for my hatch and will allow a lot more airflow around the sub. The design will be sub up and port to the driver's side externally.

I will have numbers tomorrow for you all to see, but any predictions on what the 15 will do? I also have a door pack of Damplifier Pro that I got from Second Skin that I hope to be adding to the car too. Hopefully that will be good for a couple of tenths as well.

Enjoy and any feedback would be great!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks Ant!!!

Posted Image

I'll post any gains in spl here in this topic as well as another for my SS deadener install.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i like how you mounted the port, so its flat inside, i might have to copy that.

that 8" aero port is sexy! who made that?

i like how you mounted the port, so its flat inside, i might have to copy that.

that 8" aero port is sexy! who made that?

Yeah Kent the port is flat on the inside wall of the enclosure. I mounted that wood ring on the outside so I could glue it to something, not to mention that it is a very very tight fit inside the hole. You could also screw the port to the wood ring on the outside if you wanted to.

The 8" port is one out of Mike Singer's Eclipse. He's also known as ss audio and singaboy311 on youtube. From what I know about the port's history is Mike got it from Vernon Sargent and Vernon got it from a guy in Puerto Rico. I guess the guy there hand made it. All I know is that the port was loud as hell in Mike's car and he was kind enough to let me use it for mine. The single 8 is equilivent to 4 4" ports. Should be loud!

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

I would have had some damn numbers today, but I ended up getting called into work. Saturday should be the day that I get some response out of this beast. I would like to have a 10" port for a 2 15 setup. If you find out exactly who it is let me know so I can get ahold of him.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

I'm sure you guys would like to know what it did and I'll tell you. With no testing, no resin, no bracing, no tuning, no anything it did a 152.2 at 52hz with 4600 clamped watts. The clamping technique used is questionable, so realisticly around 4000 watts rms.

I've got quite a bit of work ahead of me to test and tweek all the little things that are in there, but I'd say that this box may have a 154 or so in it off the power that I have on tap. I'll keep posting increases as they come.

Not too bad for one 15 and two 2000 watt amps. It still plays music, but does not get down at all like my daily box does. My final design will be for two 12's since the 15 worked out so well. Anyone want me to design a box for them? Pm me and we'll talk details.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived