Sonic Electronix

I have been working on my box for the past week. Plan is everything but the top painted with gray textured paint. The top is gonna be covered with two-way stretch microsuede. wrapped the top and was gonnaput it on to day...enter problem! When I went to drive a screw through the top the drill bit grabbed the material and twisted it up and ruined it. I have enough suede left over to wrap it again but I don't want to just ruin it again. Any advice?

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

glue it down next time?

Need any thing chromed? Hit me up!!!

gamer tag: (360)

mEmEnToMoRi64

My Myspace

refs:

from here: RollinSoLow, Derrick824, Ray

from c.a.c.o. : teamsubgopoof, splvictim20, SundownAudioNY

from C.A.J. : Donpisto, spladdict19, CAJunkyard, JBLCAMRY, DasBot (robot underground)

from ca.com: alxmlr789,photocrazy8

SMDsigbannr9.jpg

2c27c692.jpg

yeah suede is tricky but damn the final product looks good.

its hard to cut the suede without it freying and stretching it doesn't really do much because if you stretch it on one side and want to stretch the other side it pulls from the side you just stretched.

make sure you have it glued down and let it dry.

the hardest part about suede is waiting otherwise your final product won't be pretty or you will be redoing other things.

either that or just make sure you make a hole in the suede before you drill something.

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

The suede was glued down

I was trying to attach it to the box. Never tried anything like this so I was kind of walking in to it blindly.

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

hmm well if I thought it out which I normally don't I would have gotten some cheap ass suede that was in the bargain bin or something and tried at it and if didn't go well you can just rip that shit off or put the good stuff over it.

good thing you have extra :)

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

This wasn't too expensive got it for $8 a yard. Thought I had it figured out but guess not

Secret hint:

Painters tape on it! Just cover it with some 2" tape and then presto itll drill nicely, then remove tape

-Mark

Host of "CarAudioFabrication" - YouTube Car Audio Tutorial Channel

Forum.png

Check out my forum section here on SMD for my builds and tutorial videos!

Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/CarAudioFabrication

I'm very interested in the hint but I guess I missed it. Put tape on what and also thanks everybody for all your help so far.

I'm very interested in the hint but I guess I missed it. Put tape on what and also thanks everybody for all your help so far.
Put the tape over the spot you need to put the screw, drill the hole, drive in the screw, remove the tape.....I don't know if that works as advertised but it sure couldn't hurt to try.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f