Second Skin Audio

should i trade? 15" L7 for 2 12" cvx

right now i have 1 15" l7 4 cube box tune at 35hertz,guy wants to give me 2 12 CVX in sealed box,im going to be powering subs with rf t2000

what do u guys recommend?if i trade i was planing on buying 2 more cvx so i could have 4 12" but when i save $$

not much more cone area.

In the proper box, the 15 inch L7 has more chances to get louder then the two 12 inch CVX's with the same power.

Also you got to make sure that his two cvx's have the right impedance voice coils to get the max power out of your amp.

The L7 sub is square, providing more cone area then a regular round 15inch sub. Also all that power on 1 sub is going to have more excursion which will thereby move more air.

Where as the 2 cvx 12s are round providing less cone area then even a square 12 inch sub. Unless they make round cvx's now?

Id personally keep the l7 on 2000wrms!

Edited by Bangin Caddy

the l7 will blow the hell up if you try to put the full 2000 rms on it. just went through a thread like this like 45 min ago.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

the l7 will blow the hell up if you try to put the full 2000 rms on it. just went through a thread like this like 45 min ago.

thats why I said in the proper box, when powering a sub with more then its rated rms power, a smaller sized box will be better for the sub.

or vice versa for a underpowering a sub, to use a bigger box. L7s can take a beating, my buddy Joel has a 2nd gen eclips with 6 l7 10s and 3 stetsom 7kds for his daily driver.

when powering a sub with more then its rated rms power, a smaller sized box will be better for the sub.

or vice versa for a underpowering a sub, to use a bigger box.

yea exactly right but a sub can still only take so much.

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

my buddy Joel has a 2nd gen eclips with 6 l7 10s and 3 stetsom 7kds for his daily driver.

for some reason this is hard to imagine.

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

i have the 15" running at 1 ohm but i have to turn bass down in radio.so what should i do buy another 15" or trade for 2 12"cvx and buy 2 more for a total of 4

id get another 15 and put the t2k on them. they would slam realllll hard.

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt