Second Skin Audio

Box building help..

So what i am looking at, is 2, DC lvl 3 15's, and the space i have to work with is 31" wide, 17" tall, and 30" deep, and according to REboxcalc, i have everything tuned too 33.5 hz..

fd6b82.jpg

sorry about the blue crap, stupid screen shot program..

anyway, would this box work for the level 3 subs??

http://dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

sorry if this is a dumb question..

How exactly are you planning to put 2 15's in a 3 cuft box? unless I read something wrong.

Car - 99 Neon Sport

Batt - 1 Redtop up front On 200A Excessive Amperage alt

Sub - 2 12" Kicker L7's in ~2 cuft @ 36hz each on a Xtant X1001 @ 1 ohm

Front Highs/Mids - JVC CS-FS6 and Infinity 6022i on Xtant A2002

Rear Highs/Mids - None

HU - Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

1/0 wire ran thru entire car aswell as big3

DB - 144.5 @ Dash.

no it wont be wide enough for 2 15's. they alone are about 16 inches wide plus the 2inch port is like 34inchs. you only have 32 avalable. also the box is about half the size that it needs to be. dont try to cram woofers into space. do it right. give them the space they need. try either 1 15, or 2 12's. that would work. itll be way louder than 2 15's crammed in a box that is way too small.

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

So what i am looking at, is 2, DC lvl 3 15's, and the space i have to work with is 31" wide, 17" tall, and 30" deep, and according to REboxcalc, i have everything tuned too 33.5 hz..

fd6b82.jpg

sorry about the blue crap, stupid screen shot program..

anyway, would this box work for the level 3 subs??

http://dcsoundlab.com/specs.html

sorry if this is a dumb question..

the box has enough cubic feet for two of those subs but it doesnt look like you have enough port. I believe you need between 12 and 16 square inches of port per cubic feet. your box is approx 7.5 cubic feet so you need between 90 and 120 square inches of port. I may be wrong tho.. but i think that is right. what are your port diemensions?

edit: i did all of my math wrong and I didnt exactly look closely at the picture.. lol.. it says right there the theres only 3 cubes of spaces.. ignore everything that i said above.. wow lol.. guess i should look more closely before replying.. :crazy:

Edited by dlesman

the box has enough cubic feet for two of those subs but it doesnt look like you have enough port. I believe you need between 12 and 16 square inches of port per cubic feet. your box is approx 7.5 cubic feet so you need between 90 and 120 square inches of port. I may be wrong tho.. but i think that is right. what are your port diemensions?

note: math isnt my strong point so if i did my math wrong than well everything i just said is useless.

lol, everything u said is useless

he has 3cuft after displacement total... thats enough for 1 15

TeamSundown-sig.jpg