Tahoe System Rebuild 2009 is ALL BUT FINISHED and PLAYING!!!! UPGRADE to RF P2 8's 12/08/2009!

Looking good Steve as always. I wish you would bring it out to the east coast one time. I'm all about the clean installs and this one would be cool to see.

I agree... we should start a Bring Meade to the east fund. We should all pitch in some money for gas and food. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/public/style_emoticons/default/hairtrick.gif

Volkswagen isn't my hobby, It's my addiction.

first of all, whats with Tia wanting to be on youtube all of sudden? she was in 2 vids in a row, and all over that box lol, if i were her, i woulda jumped in the port, had me a nice little cat house haha... i like how you said "when i get my new woofers, i will definately THINK ABOUT making a new box" lol, im sure you've already thought about it ;) i dont know why you would build a new box, that one looks real nice, and solid, only reason i would build a new one is if the new subs dont sound great in it (just my thoughts) where do you get ur mdf? dont tell me home depot, those sheets of wood look too good... EVERY piece of mdf at my home depot is pretty beat up. how do those amps fit so perfect on your box!?!? lol, its so perfect... is that 8 gauge wire goin to the speakers? how many runs? one last question, how many speakers were u running before the rebuild? i know you're gonna make some new door panels and add speakers, cant wait to see that!

the box is 5 years old or more so its been through some abuse.

theres less "meat" on the lip so less places to screw woofers in and thats very important considering he snaps all the screws he puts in.

he does get it from home depot last I checked.

RF made the amps that size just for Steve's box ;)

yes thats 8 gauge for the subs.

runs of 8 gauge? it depends on how he wires them.

10 1" RE audio tweeters, 2 4" Rainbow Midrange, 4 RE XXX 6.5" Midbass and obviously 4 18" BTL's for a total of 20 speakers

he is going to add an 8" sub to each door and 6.5" kicks so 6 more speakers on top of whatever else he is doing

did that answer everything? :D

Edited by thehoe92

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

theres less "meat" on the lip so less places to screw woofers in and thats very important considering he snaps all the screws he puts in.

10 1" RE audio tweeters, 2 4" Rainbow Midrange, 4 RE XXX 6.5" Midbass and obviously 4 18" BTL's for a total of 20 speakers

he is going to add an 8" sub to each door and 6.5" kicks so 6 more speakers on top of whatever else he is doing

okay ur freaking me out.............

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Guest Scylloga

Ya know something I love to see. Wire ran at right angles. I never noticed it in any of his other vids or pics. That is a pet peave of mine. I use to make my helpers redo wire pulls that wasnt done in right angles. And when it came time to finish out a electric panel I was the only one to do it :D.

Edited by Scylloga

damn those amps fit perfectly across the back of that box.

the light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

All the new speakers will be the new RF Power series Including the 4" in the a pillars (there a mini prototype of the 6.5 and 5.25 sick little bitches they are)

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

I might have missed it in the previous 50 pages, but when you set the gains on your sub amps did you just balance all the amps at the same wattage/ACvoltage, or did you take each one all the way up to what their birthsheet rated them at. Just curious as to how your gonna come to you total sub wattage. Looks amazing as always Steve. Can't wait for your new subs to match your new amps.

IIRC, his amps are strapped. Which means all he has to do i set the gains on one and the others are set to the same power level.

first of all, whats with Tia wanting to be on youtube all of sudden? she was in 2 vids in a row, and all over that box lol, if i were her, i woulda jumped in the port, had me a nice little cat house haha... i like how you said "when i get my new woofers, i will definately THINK ABOUT making a new box" lol, im sure you've already thought about it ;) i dont know why you would build a new box, that one looks real nice, and solid, only reason i would build a new one is if the new subs dont sound great in it (just my thoughts) where do you get ur mdf? dont tell me home depot, those sheets of wood look too good... EVERY piece of mdf at my home depot is pretty beat up. how do those amps fit so perfect on your box!?!? lol, its so perfect... is that 8 gauge wire goin to the speakers? how many runs? one last question, how many speakers were u running before the rebuild? i know you're gonna make some new door panels and add speakers, cant wait to see that!

Your Home depot must be full of idiots (to damage the wood). My local Home depot is where I go when I want wood. Never a bad board in the bunch (well, at least what I get).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

Guest Scylloga

Your Home depot must be full of idiots (to damage the wood). My local Home depot is where I go when I want wood. Never a bad board in the bunch (well, at least what I get).

Or he is going after people have picked through and got the good stuff out? Happens all the time here. with all wood. I try to plan on buying right after a shipment has come in. My neighbor is the paint guy and he lets me know when the lumber truck is scheduled to deliver.

Or he is going after people have picked through and got the good stuff out? Happens all the time here. with all wood. I try to plan on buying right after a shipment has come in. My neighbor is the paint guy and he lets me know when the lumber truck is scheduled to deliver.

True. Never happens around here (not many people buy MDF).

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card