Tahoe System Rebuild 2009 is ALL BUT FINISHED and PLAYING!!!! UPGRADE to RF P2 8's 12/08/2009!

Not really my place, but i find it sooo funny when i read threw topics and on your Youtube, how people are always questioning what you do..

BECAUSE HES STEVE FUCKIN MEADE!! thats why... /thread..lol

you better not end the thread haha he's still got to finish :P

Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple

Guest DC Power Kyle

Hey steve, how do those RF power series sound? I heard they get really loud but I don't know how they sound SQ wise. I would either be going with Focal K2 Series or RF Components so I was wondering how they sound to you. BTW, build looks badass..... definitely coming up there to hear this beast.

Hey steve, how do those RF power series sound? I heard they get really loud but I don't know how they sound SQ wise. I would either be going with Focal K2 Series or RF Components so I was wondering how they sound to you. BTW, build looks badass..... definitely coming up there to hear this beast.

I was VERY surprised when I heard them.

they get loud and sound great doing it!

you have the 3Sixty as well so it will be easy to get the same sound out of them :good:

Guest DC Power Kyle

I don't know about the same sound from my Focal K2 series but I am very interested in how they sound. Doesn't steve only have them flat at the moment on the 3sixty?

Oh and still want to hear from the man himself from comparing what he has used to those :P

I don't know about the same sound from my Focal K2 series but I am very interested in how they sound. Doesn't steve only have them flat at the moment on the 3sixty?

Oh and still want to hear from the man himself from comparing what he has used to those :P

I was going to say I ain't steve but that should be obvious.

just my opinion on how they sounded thats all

Guest DC Power Kyle

Yeah man I'm not questioning you at all. To you they definitely sound great, but steve has ran tons of other brands I would imagine and wanted to get his opinion versus the rest. I would love to get the 165KRX3 Focal set but I could get almost 5 sets of those RF componets for the price of the focals :P

the only thing that is new about my front end so far is the rainbow 4" are out of the A pillars, and the RF is in. Im still waiting on the rest of the puzzle to be delivered :)

After seeing the price of the Rainbows (to replace a blown 4") and hearing the new RF's, i cant believe anyone would pay that much. I mean im looking at the Rainbow and im trying to figure out just what is better about it then any other decent speaker out there. Does it move different? not really.....does it sound better then the RF, no, not to me anyway. Same thing with the Focals. I dont have a ton of experience with them, i know people that run them, and to be honest, i dont get the hype with those either. I think if your trying for an SQ system, imaging, soundstage etc is probably more important then brand.....in fact its not probably its a fact. I heard the WORLD famous Jerry Soo-hoo's older Toyota SQ car - no joke, it has a set Sony mids/highs up front and that is IT (besides a 10 or something in the trunk) and it sounded amazing.

So anyway i know you dont need a lecture and im not tryin to give you one im just saying i think people dwell on name brand mids and highs more then they should....not saying get SHIT mids and highs, but i think any REPUTABLE brand could give a high priced brand a run for their money, especially if both sets are properly tuned (and placed of course)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

the only thing that is new about my front end so far is the rainbow 4" are out of the A pillars, and the RF is in. Im still waiting on the rest of the puzzle to be delivered :)

After seeing the price of the Rainbows (to replace a blown 4") and hearing the new RF's, i cant believe anyone would pay that much. I mean im looking at the Rainbow and im trying to figure out just what is better about it then any other decent speaker out there. Does it move different? not really.....does it sound better then the RF, no, not to me anyway. Same thing with the Focals. I dont have a ton of experience with them, i know people that run them, and to be honest, i dont get the hype with those either. I think if your trying for an SQ system, imaging, soundstage etc is probably more important then brand.....in fact its not probably its a fact. I heard the WORLD famous Jerry Soo-hoo's older Toyota SQ car - no joke, it has a set Sony mids/highs up front and that is IT (besides a 10 or something in the trunk) and it sounded amazing.

So anyway i know you dont need a lecture and im not tryin to give you one im just saying i think people dwell on name brand mids and highs more then they should....not saying get SHIT mids and highs, but i think any REPUTABLE brand could give a high priced brand a run for their money, especially if both sets are properly tuned (and placed of course)

x10

rockfordfosgate4.jpgmecp.jpg

CAUTION!

POOR INSTALLATION MAY SHORT BOTH YOUR SYSTEM AND WALLET

The RF Power Components are great, I've been running the older models for couple years now. Like you said they do get very loud and the SQ is pretty good also, I'd put them up against most component sets out there now.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace