Sonic Electronix

i plan on running 2 saz4500ds on 4 18s in the near future. i was wondering if i started out with one amp on the 4 subs ran at 1 ohm and then later on switched to 2 amps. one on each pair at 2 ohms. they would be seeing roughly the same power but would there be any benefit by doing this? or should i just run the subs at 2 ohms in the beginning and then bring them down to one ohm later on?

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

Guest DC Power Kyle
i plan on running 2 saz4500ds on 4 18s in the near future. i was wondering if i started out with one amp on the 4 subs ran at 1 ohm and then later on switched to 2 amps. one on each pair at 2 ohms. they would be seeing roughly the same power but would there be any benefit by doing this? or should i just run the subs at 2 ohms in the beginning and then bring them down to one ohm later on?

By running less subs on an amp you get less impedance (sp?) rise.

Run em at 2ohms at first and 1 later on... itll just be easier. Then youll be getting the most outta your amps when you upgrade to two.

but they would be way underpowered in the beginning. like only maybe 800 watts a piece. compared to what i wanna put on them.

leaning back and forth between lvl4xls and lvl5s

retarded build on the way.....

2000 bagged s10

2 hdc3 15s

aq2200

aq4x90

stinger/knu wire

optima batteries

220 amp alt

fosgate hu/mids and highs

yeah but when you finally do upgrade to your second amp, you can have them at full power all day ! since you can have it at 1 ohm on each amp.. i would rather break them in with 800 each then throw 2250 at them when you get the other amp

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived