Ever had one of those cars...

As the title states, I was wondering if anyone has ever had a car that was just an absolute pile and they should have hated for whatever reason(s), but just didn't? My current and first car is dog slow, can't turn for crap, stops when it feels like it (read: NEVER), can't fit hardly any system in it, and sucks gas like my dad's pickup, but for some reason, I love the thing. If it was someone else's, I would tell them to burn the POS and get a new car but...I don't get it. Anyone else ever get that feeling?

BTW- I think I got a build log somewhere if you want to see the car in question. I'll try and dig up a linky later.

Too many projects, too little time...

I use to have an 88 Dodge Ram Charger that was a serious pile but it ran good. I hated the thing!!!

98 Toyota Camry

Eclipse AVN-6600

AudioControl 3.1

AudioControl Epicenter

US Amps AX2000

US Amps MD-43

1 set Alpine type X components

1 set RF Power components

1 12" RE Audio XXX

220 Amp Iraggi Alt.

Red Top (Front)

Kinetic HC-600 (Back)

Second Skin Damplifier Pro

my mustang... NEEDED loads of work was ugly to most people needs paint and welll it was a old mustang lol.. I LOVED THE DAMN THING..

and my current..

125 on the od (second motor tranny transfer case and rear end) HORRIBLE gas about to go for a 3rd motor. keyed down both sides rust in 3 places old lady took a baseball bat to my hood.. but the only reason i love it is because of the rims and h.i.ds lol

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

My 96 Lincoln Mark VIII. Ran good, but the tranny was sketchy from the time I bought it. Air ride leaked, eventually put it on 1.5" lowered springs. Kept having steering rack problems. Little things here and there would mess up (windows, ABS, etc). Sucked to drive in the winter.

But, even with all that, I loved the car. It had good power (DOHC 4.6 FTW) and was fun to drive. Had enough oomph to play around in (especially in the snow or rain), and I liked the RWD. Had pretty comfy seats and I dug the cockpit-style dash.

Kinda wish I had kept it instead of selling it for next to nothing. Only reason I didn't is because I didn't want to pay to keep it insured.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

My beater is a 97 Ranger, it's slow as shit. Cuts off at 97 and takes a day and a half to get it there. Going 80 feels like it's about to fall apart, it currently has a primered fender because I ran into a damn 350z. Interior looks like shit, rides rough as hell. Squeeks randomly, has probably 47 dings. Can barely fit one 10 in it and I still can't let anyone over 5 foot ride in the passenger seat.

But yet I love the damn thing, I do call it a piece of shit, as do my friends, but it was the first truck I ever bought with my own money and I'm damn proud about that. 175k miles on the dash and have yet to have any major problem with it. It's gonna be a bitter sweet goodbye when I get rid of it for sure.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

-DC Audio

-Memphis

-Audioque

-SecondSkin

-Pioneer

-KnuKonceptz

My beater is a 97 Ranger, it's slow as shit. Cuts off at 97 and takes a day and a half to get it there. Going 80 feels like it's about to fall apart, it currently has a primered fender because I ran into a damn 350z. Interior looks like shit, rides rough as hell. Squeeks randomly, has probably 47 dings. Can barely fit one 10 in it and I still can't let anyone over 5 foot ride in the passenger seat.

But yet I love the damn thing, I do call it a piece of shit, as do my friends, but it was the first truck I ever bought with my own money and I'm damn proud about that. 175k miles on the dash and have yet to have any major problem with it. It's gonna be a bitter sweet goodbye when I get rid of it for sure.

Same with me. I paid cash for my car and love saying that to people asking why I don't have as nice a car as they did, when Mommy and Daddy bought them their new Scion or Cadillac or riced-out Civic.

Too many projects, too little time...

Same with me. I paid cash for my car and love saying that to people asking why I don't have as nice a car as they did, when Mommy and Daddy bought them their new Scion or Cadillac or riced-out Civic.

On a quick side note, I hate people who pull up to you in their $50,000 car that Mommy and Daddy bought for them and start trash talking your ride because it isn't as expensive as theirs. I've had people do that to me and I keep my truck looking good.

I hardly have any problems with my truck. The only major problem is my engine needs cleaning and it needs a new paint job. That and the occasional switch randomly flipping on and draining the battery and subsequently needing a jumpstart or tow...

I have gotten mad at my truck before, but it didn't last long. I would never get rid of it.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

my 74 chevrolet truck... I must have 5 transmissions in it .... Had it in high school about 14 years ago... I kept eating transmissions , I was constantly having oil leaks from the rear main seal, the oil pan gasket....and the weather stripping that sealed up the doors refused to keep the water out.... It was a gigantic POS, it had 40 super swampers on it.... And I loved it, all 6 miles per gallon of it....until I had to drive 26 miles everyday to work....only reason I sold it.

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Voo Doo Blue

my upgrades and "build" thread.

My Kulicki Box Build

-Alpine 9887 head unit, KTX-100EQ imprint-( sound quality for dummies! ). - MB Quartz 3.5" in back pillars

-Sundown Audio SAX100.4 - JL Audio 3 way 6.5" component set XR653-CSi ( doors and dash )

-JL Audio 2 way Component set XR650CSi

- Alpine MRD - M1005 - Alpine Type - R 12" subs -- 2 - 12" s in a Pete kulicki designed box.

-Alpine High speed Ipod cable, and KCA-SC100 with Sirius sat. radio

-All wiring is Stinger 12 gauge and HPM Level 3 RCAs, KnuKonceptz Kolossus Power and ground and Big done in 1/0,

-270 sq. ft. of Damplifier Pro, 36 sq. ft. of Overkill Pro, 6 full sheets of Luxury Liner, and a gallon of spectrum-

-2 Powermaster D680 Powercells in back

FINALLY !!! I GOT IT METERED ON THE TERMLAB !!! I did a 140.2 at 42 hertz.

Shoehorn, BFH, forklift,duct tape and some zip ties