Sonic Electronix

Minimum trunk dimensions needed for 3.75 cubes

You have 36 inches between strut towers and at the back of the trunk it opens up to like 54 inches or so

but I just said 35 inches sp it wouldn't be such a tight squeeze between the strut towers

How much space did it give u by doing that?

is it a hatch or the coupe? The coupe i think is about an inch higher...sometimes an inch makes a huge difference, can u send me some pics or link to ur build?

its a chrysler 300 c it has a big trunk well it had a big trunk now theres enough room for some beer and a few groceries but we figured that there was roughly 4 cubes from the seatback rest to the edge of the package tray

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

You have 36 inches between strut towers and at the back of the trunk it opens up to like 54 inches or so

but I just said 35 inches sp it wouldn't be such a tight squeeze between the strut towers

well as long as it works! :)

its a chrysler 300 c it has a big trunk well it had a big trunk now theres enough room for some beer and a few groceries but we figured that there was roughly 4 cubes from the seatback rest to the edge of the package tray

yea those are huge trunks, yea i kinda dont care if there is 0 cargo space, i really dont need it, ill just use the back seats

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

you have enough room to do one 15 and if you do it like doug mentioned you can slide the box in no problem

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

I'm trying to figure out how to make 1 15 work facing forward since the max is 16" high w/o cutting shit, then 1.5" thick for wood leaves 14.5" inside height. gonna be tight

you have enough room to do one 15 and if you do it like doug mentioned you can slide the box in no problem

hell yea, hopefully i will ill take more measurements!!

I'm trying to figure out how to make 1 15 work facing forward since the max is 16" high w/o cutting shit, then 1.5" thick for wood leaves 14.5" inside height. gonna be tight
2 15" box that was in my car, it was only like 5 cubes and i have a civic si.

amps001.jpg

right on! thanks for all the help everyone, ill still consider a civic! :)

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

here is a good example actually of what i was looking for, now im pretty sure it will work

Edited by obcaraudio

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

And If this fits, then im sure i can fit 3.75 cubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-Mv6EQ0JI&feature=email

let me know what you think, in champaign, i can only find civics, nothing else really! So its kinda my only option.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
Current Trunk Build:
Team gg.

And If this fits, then im sure i can fit 3.75 cubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TR-Mv6EQ0JI&feature=email

let me know what you think, in champaign, i can only find civics, nothing else really! So its kinda my only option.

check out my profile pic, thats my civic ex coupe and i put an re se 15 in the trunk, port and sub facing forward into the cabin. I got my specs for the box off of the reaudio website. it is like 35.5x15.5x22.0 if i remember right, and its 3.75 @ 33hz i think, please dont quote me on that im going off memory here....but it slides in from the trunk opening with a little help and did sound amazing until i blew the sub! you should have nooo problem getting 4 cubes with displacement.