Sundown Audio

Cactus Sounds 7kw help

cc_audio

i know your kind've scared of it but i'm still hoping to see a vid of the T2 with the cactus on it, i just got a T2 15 that i have a option of 600 or 2000 watts to put on it, thats why i am so interested in seein what it does, wouldn't mind seein a vid of the current setup either i'm encouraged by you having it in a box with 6 cubes because specs call for like 3.25

i know your kind've scared of it but i'm still hoping to see a vid of the T2 with the cactus on it, i just got a T2 15 that i have a option of 600 or 2000 watts to put on it, thats why i am so interested in seein what it does, wouldn't mind seein a vid of the current setup either i'm encouraged by you having it in a box with 6 cubes because specs call for like 3.25

Well, if you have the option to get 2000W then get it, the more power the better. As soon as my GZ pluto is back I'm puttin the T2 in my dad's truck on a goliath (thanks Ed) ;) My fear is having this sensitive amp break with no warranty. Anyone know a reliable place that will let me get a warranty for this amp, squaretrade won't let me.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Well, got to talking with Christoph about some possible deals. Before I make any decisions, is there someone who can/would work on this amp should it shit the bed? I've already had a ton of bad luck already, using a sensitive amp is the least I wanna do without some kind of insurance. Wish I had a bill of sale so I could get a Squaretrade warranty or something. 7kw amp probably isn't too cheap to fix. I don't understand how the components of the atomics can be better for street beat than the compenents for the CS amp. Especially since they share the same board.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

Chris at db-r can mayyyyyyyybe fix it. Well he can fix them, well, but I don't think he likes to work on them because they're so big and there's so many parts involved and nobody wants to pay the bills when they're finished.

I'm 99% sure it's the exact same amp...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Chris at db-r can mayyyyyyyybe fix it. Well he can fix them, well, but I don't think he likes to work on them because they're so big and there's so many parts involved and nobody wants to pay the bills when they're finished.

I'm 99% sure it's the exact same amp...

It would probably cost me my right nut to have it fixed, then? If I can't get a warranty somewhere, then I'll do some more talking with Christoph. What a bummer.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

you could just sell the 7k and pick up a 5k? just a thought. oh btw mine is FS ;)

Vehicle-2014 Ford Fusion on 20" cruiser alloy obsessions
Subs-4 8" sundown audio E8v3

Sub Amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 1200.1
box-2.8cubes after all dis tuned to 32hz 4" aero
Mids and highs-2 sets of Memphis PR 6.5 components

Mids amp-Hifonics Brutus Elite 800.4
Deck-Factory Integration
Wiring-Memphis
40sqft of damplifier Pro

http://www.youtube.c...14?feature=mhee

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

As long as you don't mount it to the board, I think that you will buy fine. I have two dd z2's and yes I have blown one. The one that blew was mounted to the sub box. Something about big zenon board amps and vibration, another option if it blows is Gregg at RE/us amps they fix big amps to.

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

Not my quote, not sure who said this but I found in another thread hope this helps, and like I said as long as you don't mount to the box, I think you'll be fine

"It has more to do with too many output mosfets being driven by a weak little drive circuit.... I hate any of those design of amps bigger than 16 outputs. Yours I believe has 24. I worked on one recently, it blew up again, and again... junk I gave up on it. I think the drive circuit is inadequate and the components on the board are too heavy and the vibration causes damage to the board and the mosfets in very little time with daily use. Will destroy the amp. DON'T mount that bad boy to a sub box whatever you do, unless it's like 2" thick and don't flex any..... Just my $0.02."

supercharged hummer h2

8 Sundown nightshade v'2 Scott Bowman built 4th order bandpass

2 precision power pcx 4125(mids & hi's)

2 Stetsom 14k2e's

alpine ina-w910

dual Mike Singer350 amp alt

8 kinetic 2400 batteries two shuriken bt 120

1 kinetic 2000 under the hood

link to build log:

My link

Archived