Hotdog Posted August 16, 2009 Report Posted August 16, 2009 My 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo has a factory amp that is mounted to the underside of the rear deck and I am wanting to add some subs to the system witch requires another amp. I was wanting to know from anyone that has had experience in this situation to chime in. I want to know if I can use a standard line level converter off the back of the radio to run another amp or if I have to run line level off of the amp mounted in the rear deck. I have all the equipment in place to get the job done except the line level converter for right now. I want to keep the factory radio since it has the steering wheel controls and a lot of the factory settings like tire monitor, Oil life, door chimes and such has to be done through the factory radio. I am not looking at getting a 360.1 or anything like that I just want to know about the line level converter to rca. Thanks (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Mtgrooves Posted August 17, 2009 Report Posted August 17, 2009 yeah you can just tap off the amp there which kind of makes your install super easy and yes you can use a simple Hi to Low RCA converter The Shoe Maker without shoes!
SQMonte Posted August 17, 2009 Report Posted August 17, 2009 My 2000 Chevy Monte Carlo has a factory amp that is mounted to the underside of the rear deck and I am wanting to add some subs to the system witch requires another amp. I was wanting to know from anyone that has had experience in this situation to chime in. I want to know if I can use a standard line level converter off the back of the radio to run another amp or if I have to run line level off of the amp mounted in the rear deck. I have all the equipment in place to get the job done except the line level converter for right now. I want to keep the factory radio since it has the steering wheel controls and a lot of the factory settings like tire monitor, Oil life, door chimes and such has to be done through the factory radio. I am not looking at getting a 360.1 or anything like that I just want to know about the line level converter to rca. Thanks I have an 04 Monte Carlo with my current system connected in the same way, it's best to use the line converter between the amp and rear speakers. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
Hotdog Posted August 17, 2009 Author Report Posted August 17, 2009 I have an 04 Monte Carlo with my current system connected in the same way, it's best to use the line converter between the amp and rear speakers. Let me know if you have anymore questions. I thought you went with an aftermarket radio with the connection behind the radio? so you have a line level converter coming off the amp on the rear deck? do you happen to have the wire colors handy RF LF RR LR the rear speakers would be easy to figure out but the FR and FL (NEW) 2004 F-150 Build Log -->http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192208-hotdogs-f-150-build-log/ 2003 Mercury Mountaineer Build Log --> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/114380-hotdogs-2003-mountaineer-build-log-20-removed/page__gopid__1602379#entry1602379 2008 Equinox Build Log --> http://www.stevemead...g/#entry1475764
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.