Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

Thats Rammat and ensolite on the doors. Worked pretty good but I still need to do the roof. Thats the only thing I have left to deaden. The roof on the Silverado is so thin it pops and bangs if a good crosswind hits the truck.

The pods are out and Im putting 2 sets of comps up front.

Changed my mind again. I just got off the phone with Billy at Q-Logic and ordered me a set of kicks. Instead of fabricating them Im taking the easy way out and taking them up on a good deal.

I also decided to ditch the T-Line idea and just build the box for the setup I really want. Im putting 2 AudioQue HDC315's in the back in a big ass box with 3000 watts to start with. I have batteries for the back on the way. I dont have funds for the subs or the amp yet but Im building the box anyways.

I could use some specs on the subs if anybody owns a pair. I need the dia for the cutout and the dia for the basket. Im recessing the subs and doing a built in amp rack with a beauty panel to show the amps off.

Should have the kicks next week and start on the build this weekend. Want the 4 channel setup so I can hear the comps in the new kicks.

Suns coming up. Time to pull the old gear out and start measuring and building.

Went to my first comp yesterday. Didn't run in the Bass Race but did run in the Showtime SPL at the end of the day. My little 10" Type R and my 600 watt amp did a 130.8 average between the passenger kick and my drivers window with the door open. Not to shabby. Now im stoked to get this project going so I can play with some real power.

Started working on the side panels. Already changed my mind about the setup. Im building just the sub enclosure, subs up, port forward in the middle. It just seemed to deep when I was trying to keep the amps incorporated in the setup. I left room for the batteries underneath and am going to put an amp rack across the floor in front of it to hide the batteries.

The box is 9 cubes total before displacement. Tuning it to 38hz.

Took a break to cool off and have some lunch. Want to get the port built and ready for the face of the box. I have to pick up a sheet of MDF tomorrow to do the face and the second baffle on the top to keep the sub face flush.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thought I would get more done today but at least the hard stuff is done. Wanted to get my power wires run too. Did manage to get the old 4 gauge wiring pulled out. I think I have enough for a dual run of 1/0, guess I will find out one day this week.

A little more progress. Ports all done and ready for the front panel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived