Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

Next was deadening the roof. Wish I could have won the last Second Skin promotion, really was hoping I could have snagged one of those packs. I had some FatMat left over from my Son's install so thats what went on the roof. Had enough for 2 layers and as soon as my boy gets home with the Great Stuff I will finish things up.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Took a few pictures of the box out in the shop. After a few color changes decided to just go with flat black. May add a few stickers to the sides later.

Have the AQ HDC3 15"s being delivered Monday according to UPS. Steve at RD Audio said the RD-3250v2's will be in at the end of next week. I have mine pre-ordered so I might see them in 2 weeks. All thats left is the battery rack and amp rack inside. Im probably ditching the 3 BatCaps I have and putting 4 bigger batteries back there somewhere. Im also looking at adding 2 alts and a triple alt bracket because of the added amperage. Will probably be adding a MLA module in there too. Watched Steves vid about what it did for his Tahoe and it seems like a no brainer adding the module with all the extra alts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A pict of the truck so you know what its all going into.

Nothing fancy. Will be doing a 3-4 drop and getting some body work done in the spring I hope.

Posted Image

Got a couple of questions for ya.

When you made the rings for your 6.5s or 5.25s, did you use the big Jasper jig or the smaller one?

I made some for my truck, and I set it on 5.5 which was the ID of the 6.5's I was using and the came out to like 5.15 not 5.5 which the jig was set for, I thought it was because I was using the large jig.

Also, can you use the MLA module without causing damage to your cars eletrical? Like headlights, starter, etc etc

Just wondering.

I really, really like your glass work, it all looks flawless.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

I use a home made jig rival. Its just a piece of masonite screwed to the base of my router. I measure out from the inside or outside of the bit to the radius point, drill a hole with a 1/8th inch bit and use that as my pin. Inside of the router bit for outside dia and measure to the outside of the router bit for inside diameter. You may be using a different dia bit than the jig is designed/incremented for. Before you rout your next hole. Flip the jig over and measure from the bit to the hole. Should be half the diameter.

The glass work turned out pretty good for a first timer. Its a lot of work, a lot of sanding and prepping for the paint. I used good 2 part automotive primer, paint and clear on those. I used rattle can paints on my Son's pods and the finish wasn't as good. I think the good high build auto primer made the biggest difference.

I haven't used a MLA module yet. I checked out Steves review and comments in the Missing Link Audio section. Didnt seem to cause any dammage from what I read in there.

Yea, the jig is designed for a 1/4 sprial upcut, which was what I used, but I guess theres a reason they make 2 jigs, one for larger holes and one for smaller holes.

I was just wondering because I run all Optima batteries in my truck with a 270amp alt and on the batts it says dont charge over 14v, so Im thinking 15+v and alot of amps = alot of bad batts for me anyways.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Yea, the jig is designed for a 1/4 sprial upcut, which was what I used, but I guess theres a reason they make 2 jigs, one for larger holes and one for smaller holes.

I was just wondering because I run all Optima batteries in my truck with a 270amp alt and on the batts it says dont charge over 14v, so Im thinking 15+v and alot of amps = alot of bad batts for me anyways.

I cut all sizes with my home made wonder. I even have a few holes drilled thru my base for smaller dia rings.

Try emailing MLA about your concern missinglink Im sure he will help you out.

I really like the paint on that box. Looks good!

It turned out pretty good. Nice and simple. I can always put some color on it later on if I get tired of it.

No work on the truck today but I did get a few things from the big brown truck today :D

Fing heavy bastards. Cant wait to hear these things in my truck. As soon as my RD's show up I will be starting on the amp rack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Archived