Hobby's 2004 Silverado Ex Cab

The first one i saw was mayos box at the PCA finals or meca show i forget which. But i didnt think it was resin because thatd be crazy expensive. whats the cu. ft. of that box?

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

First baffle getting put in.

img0406k.jpg

img0405fz.jpg

The back and bottom section goes on next.

img0407m.jpg

img0408o.jpg

Then skip agead a little. The top baffle is attached. I ran a flush trim bit around the inside port opening to flush up the edges. Filled in all the screw holes with Duraglass then sanded and sanded and sanded.

img0410k.jpg

img0411qa.jpg

Then after a lot of coats of poly and more sanding I had this.

img0413m.jpg

img0412l.jpg

img0414s.jpg

All of the inside was coated with polyurethane several times and smoothed out.

haha yeah i was joking xD maybe for my truck build haha but once you get pics post em in the tdh spot xD

Will do man.

The first one i saw was mayos box at the PCA finals or meca show i forget which. But i didnt think it was resin because thatd be crazy expensive. whats the cu. ft. of that box?

Its around 10 cubes net tuned around 34hz. All I did to Mayos box was put the stencil on it. Not sure if or what he finished it with. I thought he liked his boxes raw and neked :D

you do some beautiful work

with that type of bracing on the inside i dont know how you left the top port wall unbraced

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

That's some good wood working there!

Ray

2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

Kenwood DDX9702S Connected with iDatalink Maestro

Cactus Sounds PF K5 w/ 1 Sundown Audio Zv.4 "10

Cactus Sounds PF 250.4 w/ SSA Evil 6.5" Midranges & Evil 1's Tweeters

Northstar  D3100 in the rear

VbjgkeI_zps47f1e082.jpg

you do some beautiful work

with that type of bracing on the inside i dont know how you left the top port wall unbraced

Its mashed up against the back wall pretty tightly. Most of whats taking the brunt of the pounding is braced :D

Its mashed up against the back wall pretty tightly. Most of whats taking the brunt of the pounding is braced :D

its going start slapping against the rear of truck and break it haha

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

That's some good wood working there!

Thanks Ray.

Come down to the shop when you want to build that next box. Should be able to knock that out pretty quickly. You can take it home to make it look pretty.

I also made some alum bus bars to wire the subs. Made things a lot easier to get setup. The rear 5 subs were wired into one pair and the other 5 into the second pair. Ran the + and - from both bars to 2 pair of binding posts I purchased at Parts Express.

img0415ik.jpg

img0419w.jpg

img0420p.jpg

img0421u.jpg

Heres the first pict of it with all the subs installed and the 2 Rockford T-600.2's mounted.

Sorry no picts of the wiring inside the box.

downsizep.jpg

Archived