Sonic Electronix

okay so i live in the northern illinois region and i was driving south into rockford illinois to take my friend to visit her boyfriend, who is in jail. so as im driving us to the jail, a cop shows up behind me, so i kill my system. cherries go on, and i get pulled over. so cop comes up to my window and asks me if its me with the loud music and i lie, and tell him no. and he goes, "pop your trunk". so i tell him no, u have no probable cause. and then the cop says yes i do, i heard it coming from your direction. so thats when i roll into, "o, well low frequency sound is omnidirectional, so actually you cant tell which direction its coming from." so then he gets all pissed and shit cuz im correcting him or whatever, and he says, i used to compete, i know my shit, look u can either give me your keys or i can take them. so i figured id give him the keys. so he pops my trunk and sees all my shit and knows its me. guess what? turns out its fucking MANDATORY to impound any vehicle in the city of rockford that violates the sound ordinance!!!! i got my fucking car towed away, which i have to go get tomorrow, which costs 150 bucks, PLUS i have to go to court and pay a MINIMUM fine of 150 dollars. so thats my story, so what im asking now, is if anybody has taken something like this to court and actually won? can it be done? or should i just let it go and admit that i got beat by the cop? or should i take it to court and use the whole low frequency sound being omnidirectional thing and hope the judge says the cop was in the wrong? give me some input. i have no idea what to do...

EDIT: i dont know if omnidirectional was the right word. i meant whatever the word is that means non directional.

THAT SUCKS!

I say go back in time- and confess to the officer it was you and that your sillyl and it will never happen again :friends:

but really, pay your 300$ and dont ever bump in that town again

\Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I think you would have got off if you had just told the truth to be honest and if you wasnt being a smart ass he more then likely would have let you go, and did you even say " sorry officer the laws in my area are different than here, it wont happen again* ?

just let it go, to be honest if i was a cop *im trying to be 1 * and some one pulled some shit and mouthin off to me, i would have taken it to the full extent as well..

Not knocking you, but let it go

*edit*

also sound comming from your car acts like a circle, i think where your trying to get at, but if hes passing you, he knows which direction its comming from, your right in your aspect that it goes in a 360 degree area tho... but its emitting from YOUR car, its easy to tell what area its comming from if he is near your car, same way you can tell where bass is comming from down the road.. but it does disperse in every direction out of your car

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I think you would have got off if you had just told the truth to be honest and if you wasnt being a smart ass he more then likely would have let you go, and did you even say " sorry officer the laws in my area are different than here, it wont happen again* ?

just let it go, to be honest if i was a cop *im trying to be 1 * and some one pulled some shit and mouthin off to me, i would have taken it to the full extent as well..

Not knocking you, but let it go

*edit*

also sound comming from your car acts like a circle, i think where your trying to get at, but if hes passing you, he knows which direction its comming from, your right in your aspect that it goes in a 360 degree area tho... but its emitting from YOUR car, its easy to tell what area its comming from if he is near your car, same way you can tell where bass is comming from down the road.. but it does disperse in every direction out of your car

yeah i prolly should have approached the whole thing better. i was just hoping someone would tell me its possible to beat it.

Its just super hard to win against a cop, generally about 75% of the time cops are cool when you admit what you were doing wrong. And now you got to think if the cop shows up in court, its your word vs his, whos already going to be in the favor in the judges eyes?

It sucks to have your car impounded bro, i wish the cop was more nice about the situtation. Good luck with getting it back tho :)

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I'm in illinois also. though my cars never been impounded i think its like that for the whole state. I'm pretty sure if they hear you in my town 75ft away or more they instantly impound your car and fine you. It sucks and its gonna suck when i get pulled over for my beat one day.

2000 ford taurus SE 24v DOHC

Doors: MachAudio Stock System

Subwoofer: 18" WMD D2 4.8cft @ 35hz

Amp: Hifonics Bxi 1210D Amp

Wire:4/0 gauge power wire to amp

Alt: Stock Alt

I'm in illinois also. though my cars never been impounded i think its like that for the whole state. I'm pretty sure if they hear you in my town 75ft away or more they instantly impound your car and fine you. It sucks and its gonna suck when i get pulled over for my beat one day.

its not everywhere. i live in rockton (about 20 - 25 minutes north of rockford), and ive been pulled over and ticketed for "illegal sound amplification" in the same city i live in, rockton, and it was just a 75 dollar, non traffic ticket. its pretty lame. o well =[

its not everywhere. i live in rockton (about 20 - 25 minutes north of rockford), and ive been pulled over and ticketed for "illegal sound amplification" in the same city i live in, rockton, and it was just a 75 dollar, non traffic ticket. its pretty lame. o well =[

Ahh ok. Yea i live in Rock Island and the 75ft instant impound and fine is dumb.. seems there a little more leanient were you live at least on the fine they give you. but it still sucks.

2000 ford taurus SE 24v DOHC

Doors: MachAudio Stock System

Subwoofer: 18" WMD D2 4.8cft @ 35hz

Amp: Hifonics Bxi 1210D Amp

Wire:4/0 gauge power wire to amp

Alt: Stock Alt

Just pay it!!!

98 Toyota Camry

Eclipse AVN-6600

AudioControl 3.1

AudioControl Epicenter

US Amps AX2000