ok so i recently changed the air filter in my 03 expedition (5.4L V8) from stock to a carbon fiber based filter. and there was a plug that connected to my stock air filter and i have never seen one like this before. i have changed air filters before but this is the first time i see it (first time i changed a filter in a ford). those of you who run Ford trucks/SUV's, do you know what this plug does? Since i have it currently disconnected the "Check Engine" light has turned on. is there a way to bypass this feature? i will take a pic in a few but was wondering if someone knows what im talking about and could help a brotha out. thanks

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz

pictars are in. ive tried googling it but i cant really find anything on it. anyone know??!?!?!? :help: :help:

DSC04079.jpg

DSC04080.jpg

DSC04081.jpg

DSC04078.jpg

here is the stock air filter. this is where the plug connects to...

DSC04082.jpg

DSC04083.jpg

DSC04084.jpg

here is the inside of the filter. im guessing its some kind of sensor...

DSC04085.jpg

i dont know what to do...someone please help. kthanks

Team Bass-Hz

Looks like a Mass Air Sensor and no you can not bypass that with out a Huge modification to convert your ECU to a speed Density based system. You could try and take that sensor out of the factory air box and try to graft it into the new air tube that you have the filter attached to.

It could also be a Air inlet temp sensor and if thats what it is you can take it out of the factory box plug it in and zip tie it to the aftermarket filter where it can get a reading of the air temp that is going through the filter.

Post a picture of the aftermarket intake system. That way we can see what kind of options you have on putting the sensor in that air tube.

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

ok well i didnt want to modify it too much so i can try to pull it out of the stock and place it next to my new filter. the reason i took this out was to make room for a new batt. and that stock filter is HUGE and takes up a lot of room. so if i understand correctly, pull it out and place it next to my new filter (zip-tie?).

Team Bass-Hz

ok well i didnt want to modify it too much so i can try to pull it out of the stock and place it next to my new filter. the reason i took this out was to make room for a new batt. and that stock filter is HUGE and takes up a lot of room. so if i understand correctly, pull it out and place it next to my new filter (zip-tie?).

Not if it is a Mass Air Sensor! That will have to be placed in the air tube after the filter. (You don't want to F that thing up!) Only way you would have been able to zip tie it to the filter would have been if it was a Air Inlet Temp sensor which looking at the plug now, I don't think that is what it is. (Sorry man!)

Shannon

Edited by ImLow78

2004 Tahoe.Equipment Kenwood DNX7100 Kenwood Bluetooth adapterKenwood iPod interface cableAudiocontrol DQXSAlpine PDX 4.150Rockford Fosgate punch 40DMS Diamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Front DoorsDiamond Audio D363.5 (6.5" Components) Rear DoorsJL Audio 15w0's Subs In a 8cu. ft. Box.Monster cable XLN PRO RCA'sMonster Cable 16ga speaker wireMonster Cable 1/0,4ga power, Ground cable.I only got this Monster Cable stuff because I got it dirt cheap. (Crack Head Prices)

as for the intake, it is all stock except for the filter that is shown in the pic. everything else is the same...

edit: well it seems like the stock filter is gonna have to go back on...damn, i really liked that space for my extra batt. back to the drawing board to find space for my batt...

Thanks all for the help!!! :)

Edited by enemyofsilence

Team Bass-Hz