DC Sound Lab

Lvl 4 w/ Lvl 5 Coils keep blowing?

maybe you were playing them full blast from the start granted i know DCs can be done right from the start, but you have to back off every now and then? maybe the gains aint setup right, or the subsonic isnt right.. more then likely its your amp settings thats blowing them, but i would check the wiring on the subs to see if they match up like the above pic says

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

and the wiring looks like this correct?

Posted Image

Yeah, ill get pix in a few.

are they ran down to .5 ohms?

Negative

How much port area? It looks tiny.

Im not exactly sure, the shop down here said that that was the best they could do. >.>

where at do you live in louisville i could give it a peek im a youngin only 17 but believe it or not a no good amount plus a demos always appreciated

and are they dual 1s or dual 2s wired to 1 ohm

I actually live in Shelbyville, KY. I just took the car up to Roberts in Louisville. The subs are D1.

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

oh okay well those ports do look small and if thyre not wired to .5 ohm then idk the only thing i can think of is that the shop hooked up only 1 vc on each sub lets get some more pics to work with and i live in shively louisville if youre ever over this way hit me up man i love to actually see local audio guys

Edited by BIGD502

where at do you live in louisville i could give it a peek im a youngin only 17 but believe it or not a no good amount plus a demos always appreciated

and are they dual 1s or dual 2s wired to 1 ohm

I never really went full tilt with it. With my bass remote from my 3000d i always had it turned down pretty low when i was out riding around. I only turned the bass up when people would want to hear my stuff. I let the subs break in pretty good i thought.

2008 Hummer H3

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

maybe switch out to the XLs and see if you have the same problem? try a different box befor you do that tho

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

hell i know for a fact you can toss the XLs 15s in a 5ish cubed sealed box and it still pound LOL

Edited by Army_guy614

Team DC Audio

yah for one you don't have near enough port area.

how big are the boxes for each 15? (i can see its 2 different boxes.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

yah for one you don't have near enough port area.

how big are the boxes for each 15? (i can see its 2 different boxes.

I can get some measurements for u. Im going to go do that now. Would my box be causing any problems with the subs tho?

Like i said a shop down here installed everything for me.

2008 Hummer H3

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D