what is the best way to cut the holes for the l7's, i have one 12 now but want to make a 2 12 enclosure. the first time i justed a jig saw. but it didn't like the corners to much. also i was wondering if anyone know what kinda db i would get from a 3 to 4 cubic foot box with a slot vent and the subs facing up on a RF t1500bd

its basically impossible to tell what you will hit on a meter. too many factors come into play. like the way the box is built and the type of car and all that jazz

and you can try a router to get the corners. much easier than a jigsaw imo

Edited by tehbert0

just use a jigsaw....use the template in the top of the box, trace it on with a pencil, and cut it out carefully

its the easiest way of doing it besides a router and template, which arent too easy to find

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

This is why i started to like round subs. i used to have L5s, and used a jigsaw to cut the holes but never go them the right size. with a round sub you just get to use a router. but i busted out the L5s again for my gfs car.. once again. used a jigsaw... then a 3 inch sander to make it big enough.. and my corners... well

one way that may work is using a hole saw. the book that comes with the subs says wat the radius should be.

Well since i make a bunch of boxes n alot of people like the l7's what i did was make a L7 ring with a jigsaw and i did it very carefully n slowly to make it perfect. . . . . . then i just make a box like normal and mount the ring on top of the box then i hit it with my flush mount router bit and it comes out perfect everytime

894.jpgfrontbumper.jpgfunny.jpg

"never drive faster then your guardian angel flies... good think my guardian angel drives a twin turbo ed beast"

"its time has come for those who are different to stand united"

just use a jigsaw....use the template in the top of the box, trace it on with a pencil, and cut it out carefully

its the easiest way of doing it besides a router and template, which arent too easy to find

^^^

Definitely the easiest way unless u have a template setup for a router.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000