Old School Sony Xplodes Surprised Me

I went to Tremorz Auto Sound in Statesville, NC just to hangout with the owner and workers.

While I waws there, I meet some dude named Arthur McCracken who has a 8 15" Old School Sony Xplodes powered by a Hifonics Sampson (8000 x 1 @ 1 ohm).

He said he termlabs at 150+ and those Xplodes were banging pretty damn hard.

His car is basically a bandpass box because he hits higher numbers with the windows down then with windows up.

2002 Toyota Solara SLE V6

Headunit - Pioneer DEH P3900MP

Door Speakers - Polk Audio db6501 6-1/2" 2-way

Component System

Rear Speakers - Polk Audio db691

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub - 2 12" Alpine Type R's in a 2 @ 33hz

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

refs: DC_Power_Kyle

most cars are louder with the windows down.

but ive heard a couple of the older (pre xplod) sony 12's and they were pretty damn loud to be sony's.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

most cars are louder with the windows down.

but ive heard a couple of the older (pre xplod) sony 12's and they were pretty damn loud to be sony's.

'

Not gonna lie, I looked at him and he looked at me and he said "I know they're sonys lol"

I think he upgrading to 12 DD subs.

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

Electrical - Big 3 - Stinger HPM 1/0 guage Wires, Optima Yellow Top Battery, 180/120 DC HO Alternator w/ MLA

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

lol.

i heard some DD's for the first time at a comp not long ago and they really impressed me. i wish i could afford a pair of them.

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

One of my friends is getting 2 3512 which are rated at 1200wrms and hes going to power each one with a Steg 2400wrms amp so each sub is getting 2400wrms double their rated power.

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A

in the right install, almost any sub can shine. look at big oki. he has a crazy nice install and pulls hair tricks like their nothing with a bunch of sony subs.

and technically...any car will act as a big bandpass box ;) unless speakers are facing outside...like lots of brazilian installs lol

in the right install, almost any sub can shine. look at big oki. he has a crazy nice install and pulls hair tricks like their nothing with a bunch of sony subs.

and technically...any car will act as a big bandpass box ;) unless speakers are facing outside...like lots of brazilian installs lol

That's true cause he shining alright, he's sponsored by multiple companies (Tremorz Auto Sounds and Ohio Gen and others I can't think of off the top of my head)

Component System

Speaker Amp - DD C4b

Sub Amp - DD M2A