DC Sound Lab

Looking to rebuild.

Hey guys. I am looking to sell my 2 15" Lvl 4 w/ Lvl5 Coils to get something a little smaller in size but louder. I need 2 subs that would run great off my SAZ-3000d. I was thinking about 2 12" DC Lvl4XLs, 2 12" Lvl5s or maybe even 2 10" Lvl5s. All of this is going to be in the trunk of my impala, i would like to do a box that has the subs firing into the cab. What would u guys suggest? Im hoping either of those choices will be louder than my current 15s because i will have more port area, etc with smaller subs.

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

i like the idea of 10" Level 5s.. thorshammer could always use some more competition.. ^_^

2 12"s in the right box can outperform 2 15"s in a poorly designed box, and since you will have the space to build a proper box for 12"s, that seems like a good way to go..

of course, wood is cheaper than subs, so you could try rebuilding your current enclosure 1st..

dc-soundlab-1.jpg

he has the room for the right sized box, ive seen those kinda impalas they can hold like 12 dead bodys in there.. lol

just rebuild your box, get it about 7 cubes with the right port area..

do about 115-120sq of port area since rusty said about 15sq per cubic foot will do great for his subs :)

right now, your box is to small, probably tuned to about 45hz for each sub.. and you prob have your subsonic set to like 30hz or something which would cause them to blow...

ive said this befor tho LOL

Edited by Army_guy614

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

• 2 weeks later...

we have the same car dude. sub/port facing the rear is the way to go

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

• 4 weeks later...

I've been slowly gathering money up and im pretty close to getting some new equipment. before i make any quick investments i had a few questions about trunk builds. Eric you might be able to help alot on this.

I'm trying to get some mass air movement for some atleast decent hair tricks. I want my subs to hit the lows real nice. The best way to do this im sure is to seal the trunk off and face the subs/port into the cab?. It seems like most people with trunk builds tend to do this. Im still some what unsure of what to get, 2 12" DC Lvl4XLs or 2 12" Lvl 5s. I dont think i wanna do the 10's.

Would I be underpowering the XLs or Lvl 5s with just my saz-3000d?

What is a good battery that is small that i can buy a few of and hide them in my tire well?? I think i saw some XS ones.

Would I be better off trading in my 3000d for a 4500d??

Would u guys like to see 2 12" DC lvl 5s off a 4500d doin some :hairtrick:

2008 Hummer H3

x2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V2 12s

x1 Sundown Audio 3000D

I've been slowly gathering money up and im pretty close to getting some new equipment. before i make any quick investments i had a few questions about trunk builds. Eric you might be able to help alot on this.

I'm trying to get some mass air movement for some atleast decent hair tricks. I want my subs to hit the lows real nice. The best way to do this im sure is to seal the trunk off and face the subs/port into the cab?. It seems like most people with trunk builds tend to do this. Im still some what unsure of what to get, 2 12" DC Lvl4XLs or 2 12" Lvl 5s. I dont think i wanna do the 10's.

Would I be underpowering the XLs or Lvl 5s with just my saz-3000d?

What is a good battery that is small that i can buy a few of and hide them in my tire well?? I think i saw some XS ones.

Would I be better off trading in my 3000d for a 4500d??

Would u guys like to see 2 12" DC lvl 5s off a 4500d doin some :hairtrick:

x2 or maybe 2 3500Ds if u could afford it.

also x2 on XS POWER!

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg