Sundown Audio

rockford t4k getting hot?

buddlydudly8989

ok for those of you that have one or have had one could you answer me this, how long did it take for it to get hot? like not just warm to the touch but really hot to the touch if that makes sense. because i have been bumpin at my shop and while driving and it seems like it is getting really hot on the left side of the amp, the left side as when you looking right at the amp, its just that side of the top that is really hot. the other side is just warm. does anyone know whats causeing this? I have my gains all the way turned down and everything is set to off i believe. My alpine 505 has all the setting on 0 except the treble. am i possibley cliping my amp? i only go to 22 volume wise and it goes to 35. my electrical consists of 2 d3100s and a d2700 and a mechman 250 amp alt so i know my electrical is good, i usally sit in the high 14s.

its pretty normal to do that, mine did.. its the output section of the amp

ok that makes me feel alot better lol. i mean it gets hot but not to the point were the thermo light turns on but enough were i cant leave my fingers on it for a couple mins. and it gets hot just by bumping for bout a hour or so, not full tilt though the whole time, i only go full tilt prob half the time, dam town there is to may cops rollin around lol and you gotta have respect for the neighbors and other people. so does this all sound normal then?

Archived