thehoe92 Posted August 21, 2009 Report Posted August 21, 2009 How can I run my new componenets off the headunit would it just be connecting the stock wires or do I have to connect the crossovers too? They are the t3 comps and for the time being they will be run off the deck. I have an Alpine CDA-9884 that has some low pass and high pass filters so I was wondering if that would be enough until I get an amp for them. Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
SQMonte Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 How can I run my new componenets off the headunit would it just be connecting the stock wires or do I have to connect the crossovers too?They are the t3 comps and for the time being they will be run off the deck. I have an Alpine CDA-9884 that has some low pass and high pass filters so I was wondering if that would be enough until I get an amp for them. Why don't you just buy some affordable coax speakers for the time being and run those off the deck so you don't mess up your comps? That's what I would do, fuck running comps off deck power, xover or not. Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
thehoe92 Posted August 22, 2009 Author Report Posted August 22, 2009 not happening and not the help I was looking for... Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
SQMonte Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 not happening and not the help I was looking for...Just an idea...but since you insist:Run speaker wire from deck to xover and connect the speakers to the xover, done deal! Happy now? Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03 CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6 Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f
thehoe92 Posted August 22, 2009 Author Report Posted August 22, 2009 lol I just bought the T3 comps so I have no money to get coax's and I guess I should elaborate. but thank you Wouldnt be thehoe92 without teh purple
Guest Posted August 22, 2009 Report Posted August 22, 2009 run the stock speaker wires into the crossover, then on the outputs, connect the speakers
R_Mac_1 Posted August 23, 2009 Report Posted August 23, 2009 Why don't you just buy some affordable coax speakers for the time being and run those off the deck so you don't mess up your comps? That's what I would do, fuck running comps off deck power, xover or not. How would running comps off the deck mess them up? High likelihood of clipping trying to squeeze sound out of 20 watts? 2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi Pioneer DEH-P6000UB Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active) Sundown SAX-50.4 Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz) Sundown SAX-1200D 2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8 Stock Bose system 12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box Profile AP1000M
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.