quite honestly dont know the answer to that because i haven't tried it thats why i kinda wanted to use the latches so i can see if it got louder with the lid on or not. i put a small pos 12in sub on one of the hole with the box on the floor vertically and played it just so i could see how the box sounded and it was pretty nice but when i put the lid on it got significantly quieter and barely any bass so i dunno if does some weird cancellation thing when two subs are in the box i didnt have the option of trying it cause i only had one pos 12 so that was one reason i tried the latches idea.

it may or may not leak air we will see ill feel my hand all out the box when its playing to see if any air is leaking out. if it is ill probably do a proper seal.

i duuunnnno well see how things are gonna work out sadly its pouring down rain right now it stopped raining for a little so i could take those pics but then started up again so i dont think ill have another chance to complete this till monday so ill wire my subs up now and have them ready to be put into the box by monday.

Guest MegaloManiac

those subs supposed to be sealed?

I like the box design but wish you could see the Fi's.

Does it sound louder with the lids on?

it should sound louder with the lids on, its a 4th order bandpass enclosure. :naughty:

well no air is leaking and they sound amazing i love them!! for the money i spent on those subs i dont think it could have sounded any better imo.

ill get vids asap most likely going to shoot them friday so look forward to that.

All that nice equipment and you runied it with the Power Acoustic amp...thats ashame :unsure:

im curious, have you ever used one? im doubting you have. regardless, they are great amps, they do close to rated power and don't break the bank. sure they may not give the cleanest power possible, but for the money you really cant beat them. but thanks for sharing your opinion. :rolleyes:

and btw, to the op, nice install. i imagine that the box is well sealed..but if it leaks ya i definatly would glue them on. if done right you may be able to get it off if nessesary with little damage to the box.

its really tightly sealed imo i tried to open it and the two sides with weather strip created a vacuum pouch that made it really hard to pry open so its on there pretty damn good. me and my friend took some vids but i dont know if the camera caught any of the flex or not but that car flexes violently for being so damn insulated. good thing about that tho is it gets extremely loud in the car and barely outside the car. ill try to get the vids up asap

Everything looks great man nice job.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire