Sonic Electronix

Ok so I unhooked my Saz1500 today so I could hook my stinger voltage meter up. I got the wires ran and went to hook the amp back up and got the cables hooked up until I got the ground hooked up and it arced at me. So I undid the power wire and tried doing it the other way...did it again. So I went to my front battery, unhooked the power cable and hooked the amp up. Went to hook the power cable to battery and it did it again. So I undid the cable again and unhooked the ground from the battery and then hooked power cable up and went to hook the grounds back up and it did again. I noticed with the grounds unhooked with the power cable on the battery that my front running light comes on. Unhook it and it goes out...Last night I noticed that when I hit my brakes dash lights and running lights come on....

Any thoughts onthis?

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

Ok so I unhooked my Saz1500 today so I could hook my stinger voltage meter up. I got the wires ran and went to hook the amp back up and got the cables hooked up until I got the ground hooked up and it arced at me. So I undid the power wire and tried doing it the other way...did it again. So I went to my front battery, unhooked the power cable and hooked the amp up. Went to hook the power cable to battery and it did it again. So I undid the cable again and unhooked the ground from the battery and then hooked power cable up and went to hook the grounds back up and it did again. I noticed with the grounds unhooked with the power cable on the battery that my front running light comes on. Unhook it and it goes out...Last night I noticed that when I hit my brakes dash lights and running lights come on....

Any thoughts onthis?

:blink:

sounds weird...hope you get it figured out

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

the arking is pretty normal. you want to connect + first. dont know what the hell is going on with your lights though.

edit - my only guess would be that you shorted out a wire and other wires melted together so when you put power to one wire, they all turn on.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ok so I went ahead and got it all hooked up, arced at first then once it got a good connection it stopped so I hooked it up the way it was before. Turned everything on and nothing coming from the sundown....checked fuses and all 4 of the 40amp fuses were blown. Do you think they were blown from when the cables were arcing?

If so I will just replace them...just want to be on the "safe" side

Breaking in a sub is like breaking in your girl before you pound her....

next time just take the fuse out and then hook it up and through the fuse back in it will spark but not at the amp and its safer that way

TEAM NEMESIS

my system

1) us amps MD3D, us amps md21

2) kicker solo x 12 in 2.7ft^3 at 37hz

Meca scores

1 xxx12" 141.8db at 40hz,

1 18 rd alpha v.2 145 db at 38hz , 2 12 orion hp 144.9 at 43hz

Refs: hollatchaboy, schrummy, nitro_freak1,Brandon15zzz,Hellbound Train

Always connect positive before ground. Positivie is the most likely to arc. Ground can arc, but almost never does so (I've seen it 2x before).

As for the lights, sounds like the last person to work on your vehicle's wiring screwed up pretty bad.

My comp setup (Not bad for what it is):

HP Compaq Presario V6120US laptop with:

15.4" widescreen

AMD Turion 64 X2 1.6GHz processor

2x1GB stick DDR2 SDRAM (667 Mhz)

Seagate Momentus 500GB SATA HDD

128MB shared video memory

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

12 cell Lithium Ion battery (actual battery usage time: 6 hours)

What it does:

635670364.png4532707.png

On a USB 2.0 Wireless card

The lights thing just started happening this past week.

sounds like you have a bad ground issue or something in that direction

my english isnt that good, so if i misstype a word, or dont bend it rigth, dont scream, just notify me ;) then i learn :)