Forevrbumpn Posted August 24, 2009 Report Posted August 24, 2009 I haven't been working a whole lot, work has been slow. I'am using my old sub box for my home audio set up at the time, so I needed some boom! So sick and tired of only having 300hz HP component set, I decided to do a triple 10" tline- Was going to be a dual 10" but realized the port area was a little larger than expected, so screw it, 3rd one goes in, and the bass tightened up a little more, got louder, and I'am running at 6.2ohms.. lol So now that i have about 375rms on my subs, I have been very impressed, and getting stocked about doing 8 of these 10s in 4 tline boxes, all CRX style in the back of my truck When I first installed the subs, I really didn't care to much, I was like "Cool, got some beats back" After realizing I only had 2 screws mounted in each woofer, the woofers started popping out of the box, and rattling everywhere about yesterday afternoon. So went with all 8 screws, mounted, and tightened down, and damn, is it possible I gained that much air pressure just by securing the woofers a lot more secure? NOW, I actually have to turn the gain down, and bass is in the neg -3/-4 area Since I don't work tomorrow, I plan on getting a video. or something So figure this is 375rms, I plan on running 1- SAZ1000Ds per 4 subs So I plan to get a lot louder when I actually get some money, but for right now, this was just a prototype to see how these subs sounded in a tline, and I am very happy with them Next- 8 Quarterwave is 38hz, next tlines will be closer to 35hz, closer to the subs Fs Dont laugh, I was desperate for beat, and the box cost me $25 total to build haha I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
BulletInjection Posted August 24, 2009 Report Posted August 24, 2009 is that a phone cord?? My build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...8920&st=100 http://www.youtube.com/Bulletinjection
k3n12ock Posted August 24, 2009 Report Posted August 24, 2009 Hmm, $50? 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
tacomabanga1986 Posted August 24, 2009 Report Posted August 24, 2009 phone cords = hella db's :hairtrick: :01nocomment8so: here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit
solobaric_kid Posted August 24, 2009 Report Posted August 24, 2009 is that a phone cord?? i noticed that and the wire for the subs looks like a charge cord cut
Forevrbumpn Posted August 24, 2009 Author Report Posted August 24, 2009 phone wire? lol no 10g from the amp, and 14 gauge from sub to sub, the wire is twisted because I had it in another box twisted together with the drill all I had available I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
98crewcab Posted August 24, 2009 Report Posted August 24, 2009 phone wire? lol no10g from the amp, and 14 gauge from sub to sub, the wire is twisted because I had it in another box twisted together with the drill all I had available Wahts up bro? been kinda curious about the t-line enclosures - what do you think of it? and as far as tuning and roll-off, where you at? I totally understand on the "whatever you have to get it together when funds are low" thing. still running all four 12's with a cheezedick kenwood "800"watt amp. (only getting 100rms to each sub) But as long as there is bass behind me, all cool. P.S. And my bright ass orange 10/3 extension cord works great:) 06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck) 7" BDS HC lift kit (5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts (5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962 tablet in lieu of deck blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control) 4 Alpine type r 10's 6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz 2 brutus brx5000.5's 2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars 4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps 1 pair 8" polk audio for mids 2 xspower d3400 batteries.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!
Forevrbumpn Posted August 24, 2009 Author Report Posted August 24, 2009 haha.. funny I never noticed the extension cord, but Hey, I have done that before. In my SPL build about 3 years ago, I used 10gauge 240v laundry dryer power wire, but I guess that was almost overkill for 1800w/rms I have literally built well over 100 tlines in my days, I had 150 speaker box designs documented over a 4 year period when I worked at the speaker shop, about 100 were tlines, and forms of quarter wave boxes from bandpass, horn, tline, spl and sq designs, and since then whatever I have built at Nor Cal Customs when I worked there, Extreme Audio when it was open in 03', and whatever else I have built So if you have any questions about tlines, hit me up, still after all these years, still my box of choice I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.