Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

new box...


next box  

9 members have voted

  1. 1. which box?

    • 2.5 ft3 tuned to 41.3 Hz
      6
    • 2.076 ft3 tuned to 42.7
      2
    • neither and leave a suggestion.
      1


Recommended Posts

Posted

Car: Pontiac Grand Prix GXP

Sub: JL audio 13W7

Amp: Diablo audio HF1000.1

Port: 4 inch External aero port ( http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.c...tnumber=268-352 )

tuning: 40-43 Hz

Sub and port will be firing back off the trunk

Car res is around 48 Hz

I cant change the size of the port, or the speaker, and I cant not go any larger than 2.5 ft3, and I would rather not go below 1.8 ft3

My current box is about 2.3 or 2.4 cubes. and tunes to about 33 Hz.

I am going to build another box for Comps, I would like opinion on a few designs.

1: 2.5 ft3 tuned to 41.3 Hz

2:2.076 ft3 tuned to 42.7

3: neither and leave a suggestion.

Thanks

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Posted

I voted for the first one although I would adjust that a little. Go with two 4" ports and a lower tuning. Also from my experience your car should peak lower than that. I would want to do a lot more TL testing in there.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Posted
I voted for the first one although I would adjust that a little. Go with two 4" ports and a lower tuning. Also from my experience your car should peak lower than that. I would want to do a lot more TL testing in there.

..the current box is tuned to 33 Hz and it its 48 Hz like a mad motha...

I would go with a 6 inch, but to stay in the rookie class I can only have 1 4 inch port...tried a 14 inch slot port..no good....gained 5 DB about with the aero. this is a comp box....so I will have another port that I can change out with that will be tuned lower

But thanks for the votes so far

2010 IDBL Rookie 1 North American Champion

2009 IDBL Rookie 1 Fl State Champion

2009 EBB Fly Weight 3rd Place Fl State Finals

2006 Silver Grand Prix GXP :Diablo Audio Hellfire 1000.1, JL Audio 300/4, One 13W7, ZR650, VR690, JL Cleansweep setup.

Team Pure Pressure

dat12.jpgkonfused22copyn.gif

logottu.jpgproductimage.jpgpoweringlogosm.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11002 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...