XS Power

going 16v only has its advantages to me if you have and amp that can take 16v and you subs will take the extra power

only bad thing is you have to charge your batts at 17 or whatever volts youll want to charge them at ........... but then you will have to run your car at 12v

there is a couple ways around this i think one of the easiest two are

running your stock alt then buying a 16v alt to run a dual alt setup and run the 16v to your system only

the second way i have seen work is to get a 16v alt and then get the kinetik 3 post 16v batts...... some people will strongly disagree with these batts but i have seen them work quite well for some local guys what you have to do is connect the batt like you normally would but then run you car off the 12v post side and your mids and highs amps off the 12v side but the trick is you have to connect all the 12v posts not just use one or two of the posts and call it good

Roseville, CA

going 16v only has its advantages to me if you have and amp that can take 16v and you subs will take the extra power

only bad thing is you have to charge your batts at 17 or whatever volts youll want to charge them at ........... but then you will have to run your car at 12v

there is a couple ways around this i think one of the easiest two are

running your stock alt then buying a 16v alt to run a dual alt setup and run the 16v to your system only

the second way i have seen work is to get a 16v alt and then get the kinetik 3 post 16v batts...... some people will strongly disagree with these batts but i have seen them work quite well for some local guys what you have to do is connect the batt like you normally would but then run you car off the 12v post side and your mids and highs amps off the 12v side but the trick is you have to connect all the 12v posts not just use one or two of the posts and call it good

that just sounds to much like work, but thanks for the info.

I run 16v batts to my sub amps only, and charge them with either the intellicharger or I have some rare turbostart step up transformers.

16v can be a pain daily, but if your going for max SPL its a plus

HHR

(2) 15 DC Soundlab Lvl4XL SPL's

(1) Soundstream XXX-15000D

(9) XS Power D1000's

XS Power - Soundstream

SS N/W 155.1 db and climbing

when i make the jump (no eta)

there will be (1) alt (2)12v bats on the 12v side (for car +4ch)

and (1) 18v alt and (4)8v bats (for sub amp only)

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

I've heard several people say there are people successfully using three post batteries, but have never actually seen it myself. I get several calls weekly from people who have tried this exactly as described above and have had problems almost immediately. You cannot allow the internal voltage of a sealed lead acid battery to become imbalanced... it will kill it very quickly.

I recommend the dual alt with XS Volt regulator method... allows one alt to be toggled back and forth between 12V and 16V.

The second best solution is to use D1000's (most power 16V option available) and step the voltage down with a 993 voltage step down module to the sensitive electronics.

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER

i have a xspower 12v/16v IntelliCharger

if i charge a single d2400 how long should it take?

if i charge a single d2700 how long should it take?

if i charge both at the same time how long should it take?

Both batteries are sitting at 10.4.

Which way is better to charge?

Need to know so i can monitor the charge.

D2400 battery

Maximum Amps 2000

Ah 87 --------is this what i look at on the charger so it doesn't go over?

d2700 battery

Maximum Amps 2500

Ah 103 ------is this what i look at one the charger so it doesn't go over?

Thanks again

i have a xspower 12v/16v IntelliCharger

if i charge a single d2400 how long should it take?

if i charge a single d2700 how long should it take?

if i charge both at the same time how long should it take?

Both batteries are sitting at 10.4.

Which way is better to charge?

Need to know so i can monitor the charge.

D2400 battery

Maximum Amps 2000

Ah 87 --------is this what i look at on the charger so it doesn't go over?

d2700 battery

Maximum Amps 2500

Ah 103 ------is this what i look at one the charger so it doesn't go over?

Thanks again

If you are using the XS Power Intellicharger all you have to do is connect it to the battery, set the charger to 12V, AGM Low, 25A and turn the charger on. The charger does the monitoring for you so you dont have to worry about anything. With the XS Power charger, you just set it and forget it ;) (sounds like a info-mercial haha)

I would recommend re-charging them one at a time since they are so low... you will know they are finished when the float light comes on. If they dont completely re-charge the first time around and go into error mode, just turn off the charger and turn it back on to restart the charge process.

To determine your charge time, refer to the manual where it shows re-charge time calculations. At 10.4V you are at around 85% depth of discharge.

Remember, with the intellicharger you can leave it connected and charging overnight with no worries :good:

XS POWER Batteries, Chargers & Accessories

888-4XS-POWER