Second Skin Audio

Less Than 2 Hours Till The Beast Lives...

Well look guys..I am building this box tommorow...I want to round the corners in the box...Instead of the corners being sharp maybe round them out so the air will flow a little better...Ok I am confused on the difference between Mat and Cloth...Where I am I can get the Fiberglass that looks like stringy fiberglass looks raw...But it is in a flat sheet...Then I could also get the fiberglass that looks like it is woven..Which would be best to pick up in the morning the raw fiberglass or the woven cloth looking fiberglass...

Well look guys..I am building this box tommorow...I want to round the corners in the box...Instead of the corners being sharp maybe round them out so the air will flow a little better...Ok I am confused on the difference between Mat and Cloth...Where I am I can get the Fiberglass that looks like stringy fiberglass looks raw...But it is in a flat sheet...Then I could also get the fiberglass that looks like it is woven..Which would be best to pick up in the morning the raw fiberglass or the woven cloth looking fiberglass...

The stringy lookin stuff is the mat and the woven stuff is the cloth

If I was to use quarter round in the corners would that affect the box volume enough for me to hear a difference?? Quarter round in the corner and mat over the top of it to smooth it out...Will that work?

The Resin By itself will work for the Flat parts......

No, u'll still need to mat the flat parts(walls and floors). It u use just the resin by itself then it will crack under pressure. If u use mat and resin it will be hella strong. Strong enough to jump up and down on the box and it wont budge.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

for instance on my build.....Im pressed for room too. I wont be able to do any bracing but I will double baffle and use a lil more resin and matting to make up for it. Imma tripple mat the inside and even put a layer of mat on the outside. I know I wont need it but I can still use it because it will make it that much stronger.

00114-1.jpgTEAM MechMan Alternators

If you are running a setup that can move that amount of air, then do 4 layers on the inside and the outside.

Problem solved

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Well I am headed out to pickup everything for the build..Got a few questions..Titebond II how long do I have have before the stuff starts to set..And how long does it take to set?? I am glueing and screwing the box together...Then Fiberglassing inside, 45ing the corners..Just need to know how long I have before I can unclamp and move to next piece??

as long as you screw it, you dont need to clamp it really. i had a fair amount of time to work with the titebond 2.

and dont put the top on the box until you're done fiberglassing the inside. much easier to do all the sides/bottom with the top off, and then do the top through the holes, then to do every side through a couple of little holes.

ya follow?

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

Well all the internals of the box are glued and screwed. Now I have to sand where the top is going to go on because one of my panels are about 1/8 off..No big deal...Next I am going to Mat the inside of the box to strengthen it..I bought my mat and my resin..What is the preferred tool to put the mat and resin down with..I have some plastic squeegee's.. Anymore tips will be appreciated. Its getting there...